Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Offers/Finn Checking Customers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Offers/Finn Checking Customers

Any Finn (by Chase) Checking customers get pre-approvals in branch like a typical chase account? My Finn accounts are listed when I log into my Chase accounts. Just curious since they seem to be seperate yet in some ways they are not.

Btw if anyone is Interestsd in a easy $100 they are easy to open, no Chex, make 10 transactions and then they give you a $100 within 10 days. Oh, you have to have an iPhone and use the app to apply. Android is coming but I think you need to sign up for their waiting list for it.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Offers/Finn Checking Customers

I think regardless whether it's an affiliate bank, you are still building a relationship with Chase and the fact that you are seeing the Finn Accounts when you log into your regular Chase dashboard would mean that they are keeping track of the relationship you have with them, whether it is directly through the parent bank or it's affiliate. I'd say that it would factor into the potential pre-approvals.

On another note. This is an interesting offer. I might open one. I just recently opened their Starbucks prepaid debit Visa (not the credit card) so I can earn SB stars outside of Starbucks purchases. 

Message 2 of 19
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Any Finn (by Chase) Checking customers get pre-approvals in branch like a typical chase account? My Finn accounts are listed when I log into my Chase accounts. Just curious since they seem to be seperate yet in some ways they are not.

Btw if anyone is Interestsd in a easy $100 they are easy to open, no Chex, make 10 transactions and then they give you a $100 within 10 days. Oh, you have to have an iPhone and use the app to apply. Android is coming but I think you need to sign up for their waiting list for it.

Is this bonus available if you already have a regular Chase checking account? 

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you apply, it will ask you if you already have an existing Chase account. The $100 bonus did apply to me, I guess since the only account I have with them is non checking or savings related. But If you already have an existing Chase Checking or Savings, the $100 does not apply anymore. See disclosure below:

Chase Finn Disclosure.jpg

@outofcredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 4 of 19
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you apply, it will ask you if you already have an existing Chase account. I hit Yes and it led me to the main page to log in and my basic information is already pre-filled out. I submitted and it automatically applied the $100.00 coupon to the newly opened account. You just need to make 10 transactions to meet the $100 bonus. 

@outofcredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I already received the 300 Chase bonus for opening a total checking account back in March 2018.  I guess my real question is does the one Chase checking bonus per year rule include the account?

*edit* Just saw your updated post about current account holders so I guess I don't qualify this year.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did open an account today. Didn't know about Finn since the $100 bonus I saw today on Facebook. Did apply for Checking + Saving will waiting for my Papa Johns Pizza. Quick and easy application, and nice app. Not sure how I will use this account, but at least I have a foot in Chase now! 

Message 6 of 19
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Any updates if those who signed up for Finn are able to receive/are receiving Chase offers for credit cards?

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having a preexisting Chase relationship won’t help with offers.  For instance, you have a top credit score and no previous relationship with Chase, you would qualify for their current offerings.

The Finn account reduces branch overhead and is low cost deposits for Chase.  The promotion offer is a good deal because there is no minimum balance requirement and no need to close out the account.  Plus if you do have additional funds to deposit or withdraw, Chase has loads of ATM’s available so a large check over mobile deposit limits or cash deposits and withdrawls can be done at their ATM’s.

Message 8 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Having a preexisting Chase relationship won’t help with offers.  For instance, you have a top credit score and no previous relationship with Chase, you would qualify for their current offerings.

The Finn account reduces branch overhead and is low cost deposits for Chase.  The promotion offer is a good deal because there is no minimum balance requirement and no need to close out the account.  Plus if you do have additional funds to deposit or withdraw, Chase has loads of ATM’s available so a large check over mobile deposit limits or cash deposits and withdrawls can be done at their ATM’s.

We're talking credit card pre-approvals or some sort of other offers?  I know nothing about Finn except to know I don't qualify for it, but that said...

Chase has done relationship banking for a while regardless of your credit sins; actually I'd argue if you have enough money (which looks supiciously like their Sapphire Banking line these days) on deposit with Chase you can still get various credit card offers, case in point Chase has always been good to me (other than when I failed 5/24 cause I couldn't have predicted the CSR release) even when I still had glaring  and open tax liens litterred all over my file.

It's not just about FICO score, yes you can wander off the street with an 800 Experian FICO 8 or whatever and Chase will happily take your business, anecdotally they did absolutely righteous by me, and they made it absolutely explicit late last year with their calendar Q3 internal presentation (which I got to see when I talked to a CPC banker about the then new Sapphire Banking product), and Finn is just another avenue into a customer base that they just weren't getting in the front door with their traditional products.

Sticky customers are good customers, that applies to banks as well as all the tech darlings in the market these days.

        
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a relationship with Chase but poor credit, then its true a relationship may improve your odds.  I haven’t seen any difference in their offerings to me.  I got a relationship with Chase when I was targeted for a promotion and it hasn’t helped me with additional offers, in fact it disqualified me for offers while the initial promotion was in force.

Chase Finn makes sense for those without direct deposits as total checking is a better product if you have direct deposits which waives the minimum balance requirement.  

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.