Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Fraud

tag
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Check Fraud

Especially with the Covid19 breakout there has been a lot of fraud. Two things things to really watch out for. One, is getting an email to deposit a check or a check for more than the amount stated. This not only happens outside the USA, such as Nigeria, but within the United States. 

The next thing situation is someone, & they could possibly know you, do not have their own bank or credit union accounts. Then ask you to deposit them into your account. Do not do this practice. Because if you were to deposit the check and got that person money then you would be on the hook for the amount as well as insufficient fund fees for each check. 

And if the check was not issued by the financial institution carefully look at the edge of the check for things like Intuit, etc. were it was printed on a personal computer printer. 

Let's keep each other safe. So I wanted to send this message out so that the conversation gets going. Someone tried to do that to me yesterday but I am well educated & consulted with the bank who confiscated the checks for the authorities. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Check Fraud

Thanks for heads up @CreditBob Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Check Fraud

Yes, Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.