Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chex Systems Problems.

tag
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

Chex Systems Problems.

I been trying to open a couple different banks account for the last two years and have been declined for every single one of them due to Chex Systems. I have since requested my consumer report and found no derogatory information whatsoever. I also pulled my EWS report and everything on there is clean. I have called and spoken to Chex Systems and they verified that my report is clean. At this point, I don't no what else to do. Any suggestions?

I have been declined by:

PNC Bank.

Chase Bank.

Discover Bank.

Capital One 360.

BB&T.

Bank of America.

Marcus.  - Update: They decided to open the account and said the declined was in error.

They all cite adverse information from Chex Systems.

UPDATE: I spoke to an executive @ BB&T and yes, they run you through EWS and Chex Systems. The reason I was declined online is because Chex System now has scoring system that uses your credit report to help predict our future banking behavior and my banking score was low so the system automatically declined my app. He said they have to manually view your chex system report before opening an account. BTW, I was approved for the account.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chex Systems Problems.

Did you request your actual CHEX report?? and you see no derogatory info at all?

Do You have a freeze by any chance on your CHEX ?

Message 2 of 9
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Did you request your actual CHEX report?? and you see no derogatory info at all?

Do You have a freeze by any chance on your CHEX ?

Yes. I requested my Chex Report and  there's no derogatory information at all. 

No, I didn't freeze it.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HiiiPoWeR wrote:

This sounds strange since Chase, Bank of America, and BB&T use EWS rather than Chex.  Hard for me to imagine them citing a Chex report as the basis for a rejection.

Our OP mentions applying to a couple banks but then lists seven. which sounds like more than a couple.  One possible explanation for how a recent Chex pull could be clean is that the applications occured over two years.  There might have been negative informtion on the reports for years, but which fell off the reports only very recently.  Thus when most or all of the banks pulled the report it really did contain negative information, but in the OP's recent consumer pull it really was clean.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

has happened to my DW before and it had to do with a driver's license change from one state to another. The reporting of your drivers license has significant impact on ChexSystems.

When i too looked at the report it was " clean as a whistle" but when applied for a safe deposit box account at a local bank all they could ever tell me is chexsys is reporting a denial. You have to check with ChexSystem.

Message 5 of 9
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When i too looked at the report it was " clean as a whistle" but when applied for a safe deposit box account at a local bank all they could ever tell me is chexsys is reporting a denial. You have to check with ChexSystem.

Did it actually say chex system is denying it, or did it say the denial was based upon information on your chex system report.  My understanding is that Chex is just like EX, EQ and TU in that they provide information only and do not approve or deny anything. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 6 of 9
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@HiiiPoWeR wrote:

This sounds strange since Chase, Bank of America, and BB&T use EWS rather than Chex.  Hard for me to imagine them citing a Chex report as the basis for a rejection.

Our OP mentions applying to a couple banks but then lists seven. which sounds like more than a couple.  One possible explanation for how a recent Chex pull could be clean is that the applications occured over two years.  There might have been negative informtion on the reports for years, but which fell off the reports only very recently.  Thus when most or all of the banks pulled the report it really did contain negative information, but in the OP's recent consumer pull it really was clean.

No, I have never had an account in Chex Systems nor Derogatory information ever recorded on EWS.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

We cannot approve your application for a safe deposit box based upon information provided to us by chexSys.

Message 8 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

We cannot approve your application for a safe deposit box based upon information provided to us by chexSys.

Which essentially is what had stated upthread.  CHEX Systems was not the denying party, they simply supplied information that your institution used during the review of your application and yielded the denial.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.