Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Membership

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Membership

Does anyone know if just opening a Checking / Savings with NFCU is going to result in a hard pull on my reports? I just called in and opened the account today and the lady who helped me said it would just be a soft pull. However after doing some searching on the forums it seem they might pull my TU?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Membership

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if just opening a Checking / Savings with NFCU is going to result in a hard pull on my reports? I just called in and opened the account today and the lady who helped me said it would just be a soft pull. However after doing some searching on the forums it seem they might pull my TU?

No hard inq for me....good luck...Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I may have been mistaken about this. I think they did HP me for membership....sorry for the bogus info...Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 17
shoegal
Valued Contributor

I joined in January no hard pull for me.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was a SP for membership and a HP for the Cash Rewards & CLOC. I have heard of others with a different experience, but I believe the “norm” is SP for membership. As always through, YMMV.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I may have been mistaken about this. I think they did HP me for membership....sorry for the bogus info...Smiley Happy

I just checked again and no HP for me either.....I was right form the start...sorry for the confusion...Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard pull for membership, hard pull for CLOC and yes, a HP for my Platinum card.  Everything I've done since has been a HP.  All pulls are either TU or EQ.

With NFCU (whom I love BTW), when in doubt, it's a hard pull.  I've taken my share of HPs.  It's probably overkill on NFCU's part, but still worth it IMHO.

YMMV

EDITED 4/25: I joined NFCU in December of 2017.  Timing is everything.

Message 7 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hard pull for membership, hard pull for CLOC and yes, a HP for my Platinum card.  Everything I've done since has been a HP.  All pulls are either TU or EQ.

With NFCU (whom I love BTW), when in doubt, it's a hard pull.  I've taken my share of HPs.  It's probably overkill on NFCU's part, but still worth it IMHO.

YMMV

Same experience on my end.  HP all the way (membership and all), but happy with the results nonetheless.  In fact, I think I just got another HP for typing this NFCU reply Smiley Very Happy  The only SP that I recall was just a few days ago on a CLI, but this was shortly after their AR.

Message 8 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol Finstar got a sympathy hpSmiley Wink

I'm same, all hp and no sp MAKES AJC a very dull joeSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard/read NFCU stopped doing hard pulls for savings upon membership.

Probably still a yes for checking.

I'm so fortunate to be a member.  Love it.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.