Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chexsystems

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chexsystems

Anybody have a situation where a bank wouldn't open a checking account and their reason is chexsystems but nothing but their inquiry is showing up on my chexsystems? This is with Santander bank. Even the letter I received in the mail doesn't give any reason other than stating chexsystems. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chexsystems

@Anonymous wrote:

Anybody have a situation where a bank wouldn't open a checking account and their reason is chexsystems but nothing but their inquiry is showing up on my chexsystems? This is with Santander bank. Even the letter I received in the mail doesn't give any reason other than stating chexsystems. 

Pull your chexsystems report to see exactly what is on there.   Banks use a chexsystem score to approve or deny in addition to how many accounts you have opened in a certain amount of time.  So if you haven't opened any accounts maybe your chexsystem score is below Santander's min number.  

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled it with them. There's 3 inquiries and 2 of them are from them. They can't understand it either. My other accounts I've had for years so those inquiries don't show up. There doesn't seem to be a manual review process for personal accounts. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I pulled it with them. There's 3 inquiries and 2 of them are from them. They can't understand it either. My other accounts I've had for years so those inquiries don't show up. There doesn't seem to be a manual review process for personal accounts. 

Do you know what your Chexsystems score is?    Most banks have a min score they will accept

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what it is. Where would I find that?

Message 5 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know what it is. Where would I find that?

@Anonymous 

https://www.chexsystems.com/web/chexsystems/consumerdebit/page/requestreports/consumerdisclosure/

Message 6 of 9
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

You may also want to check EARLY WARNING SYSTEMS

Message 7 of 9
disney2
Regular Contributor

They're pretty awful so if you have another option, I'd avoid them for anything.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've check EWS and nothing negative on that either. 

I haven't heard great things about them either but their locations are convenient for where I travel. Definitely not my primary banking account. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.