Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Checking question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing Checking question

First post....

I'm moving to an area that my current bank does not service.  My employer does not offer direct depost, so I walk my paycheck into the branch.

I just opened my checking account two months ago.  I was wondering if I get hit with a bad mark on Chexsystems if I close a checking account in that short of a time.

There wasn't any kind of sign up bonus, just a no frills account.

I would like to close it today if the experts on here doesn't think it would be a problem.

I just opened a Chase account and moved most of my funds there because they are in the location I am moving too.

Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing Checking question

@Anonymous wrote:

First post....

I'm moving to an area that my current bank does not service.  My employer does not offer direct depost, so I walk my paycheck into the branch.

I just opened my checking account two months ago.  I was wondering if I get hit with a bad mark on Chexsystems if I close a checking account in that short of a time.

There wasn't any kind of sign up bonus, just a no frills account.

I would like to close it today if the experts on here doesn't think it would be a problem.

I just opened a Chase account and moved most of my funds there because they are in the location I am moving too.

Thank you so much!

As long as any outstanding checks or debits don't result in an overdraft, you'll be fine.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.