Wow, that's a lot of fees!

Message 21 of 44
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit Union Suggestions

@Mv350 wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Thank you for sharing the information! It'll be useful for members to review. There isn't a lot of data on this cu.

@Mv350 can chime in on them as well.

SDCCU sucks.

I haven't been able to successfully gain any sort of credit product from them, after being told they were willing to work with me.

When I had a checking account, they wanted to charge me 10 dollars to do an ACH transfer to an outside account. 

I am a part of PenFed, NFCU, AOD, DCU and Langley. All far superior customer service and offerings. With better products. All use Co-Op network. I'm going to close my SDCCU account as soon as the stay at home order stuff goes away.It says ez loan payment, but it also charges to move to an outside accountIt says ez loan payment, but it also charges to move to an outside account

@Mv350.. That's just "Cray-Cray"  ...

Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

BECU has been wonderful ever since I became a member a few months ago. Excellent customer service, decent online banking and mobile app, Co-Op shared branching, and a good mix of financial offerings.

Message 23 of 44
Mv350
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Mv350 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Thank you for sharing the information! It'll be useful for members to review. There isn't a lot of data on this cu.

SDCCU sucks.

I haven't been able to successfully gain any sort of credit product from them, after being told they were willing to work with me.

When I had a checking account, they wanted to charge me 10 dollars to do an ACH transfer to an outside account. 

I am a part of PenFed, NFCU, AOD, DCU and Langley. All far superior customer service and offerings. With better products. All use Co-Op network. I'm going to close my SDCCU account as soon as the stay at home order stuff goes away.It says ez loan payment, but it also charges to move to an outside accountIt says ez loan payment, but it also charges to move to an outside account

That's only half, hold my coke...Screenshot_20200421-170117_Drive.jpg

Message 24 of 44
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Looks more like a bank than a credit union. Smiley Surprised

Message 25 of 44
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@AllZero wrote:

Check out one, of a series of commercials,  where they say they're not like big banks. They had to change wording to say no "hidden" fees because initially, they simply said no fees.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB5F8EAC2B0199B50

Message 26 of 44
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Mv350 wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Mv350 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

SDCCU sucks.

That's only half, hold my coke...Screenshot_20200421-170117_Drive.jpg

These fees can be easily explained with one word....California!!!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 27 of 44
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

Check out one, of a series of commercials,  where they say they're not like big banks. They had to change wording to say no "hidden" fees because initially, they simply said no fees.

Money, money, money!

I guess there's a reason why there isn't a lot of discussion on this CU.

Message 28 of 44
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Money, money, money!

One for @AllZero Smiley Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV8OHDXyjo0

Message 29 of 44
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Money, money, money!

One for @AllZero Smiley Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV8OHDXyjo0

Nice!

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.