Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Cheque Benefits Levels

tag
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

DCU Cheque Benefits Levels

I just wanted to let people know about benefits levels with DCU. I have been a member for 6 months and my relationship levels never moved to the next level in spite having a direct deposit so I called two reps and asked why not. They came back and said that I need to put 100% of my direct deposit to have my relationship levels change so I asked how much do I need to put in the account she said it's at the discretion of the bank how much each member needs in direct deposit each 30 days. So they questioned my $100 a week and I told them I only put some of my pay in their they went again said 100% they said I can send in pay stubs in to show I put 100% of my pay in to DCU and they can move me to the next level and did state I may have to do this all the time if I want to move to the plus level and said Bank of America tells you how much you need to have to move to the next tear but not you and they rep cut me off and said we are not going to corsair Bank of America to DCU. She said I can send pay stubs to have it reviewed and I said no thanks. I will keep them as a saving account for the 6.17% and that is were I'm going to leave it. I was looking at a auto loan and get the .50% rate decrease and now forget it. Sad they don't really care. Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 19.23.47.png

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: DCU Cheque Benefits Levels

It sounds like you think they're being unreasonable for not giving you a relationship benefit despite you not wanting to really build a relationship.

Message 2 of 8
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

It sounds like you think they're being unreasonable for not giving you a relationship benefit despite you not wanting to really build a relationship.

I'm willing to but since they don't tell me how much they want is what is crazy. They will make money off the auto loan. Affinity FCU gives me the credit and not that picky. HSBC does not care as long as it's something every 30 days.

Message 3 of 8
iced
Valued Contributor

@Cory88 wrote:

I just wanted to let people know about benefits levels with DCU. I have been a member for 6 months and my relationship levels never moved to the next level in spite having a direct deposit so I called two reps and asked why not. They came back and said that I need to put 100% of my direct deposit to have my relationship levels change so I asked how much do I need to put in the account she said it's at the discretion of the bank how much each member needs in direct deposit each 30 days. So they questioned my $100 a week and I told them I only put some of my pay in their they went again said 100% they said I can send in pay stubs in to show I put 100% of my pay in to DCU and they can move me to the next level and did state I may have to do this all the time if I want to move to the plus level and said Bank of America tells you how much you need to have to move to the next tear but not you and they rep cut me off and said we are not going to corsair Bank of America to DCU. She said I can send pay stubs to have it reviewed and I said no thanks. I will keep them as a saving account for the 6.17% and that is were I'm going to leave it. I was looking at a auto loan and get the .50% rate decrease and now forget it. Sad they don't really care. Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 19.23.47.png

You don't need to send 100%, but $100 every week looks very much not like direct deposit. It's too small of an amount to be an actual paycheck, and it's too round of a number. I've never had DCU question my DDs to them despite having had mine go to two different accounts for years.

Try an amount that looks like a paycheck (6 random digits, like $2,714.32) and I bet this goes away for you.

Message 4 of 8
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@iced wrote:

@Cory88 wrote:

You don't need to send 100%, but $100 every week looks very much not like direct deposit. It's too small of an amount to be an actual paycheck, and it's too round of a number. I've never had DCU question my DDs to them despite having had mine go to two different accounts for years.

Try an amount that looks like a paycheck (6 random digits, like $2,714.32) and I bet this goes away for you.

I only can put a fix dollar in the account or 100% pay. I.e $100.00, $101.00.... Nothing random like that. If that is they way it's it is then they will have me as a savings account and that is it.

Message 5 of 8
iced
Valued Contributor

@Cory88 wrote:

I only can put a fix dollar in the account or 100% pay. I.e $100.00, $101.00.... Nothing random like that. If that is they way it's it is then they will have me as a savings account and that is it.

I am talking about a fixed dollar amount, just not one that's so obvious and even like $100. Put in a fixed amount of 1278.31 or something else that looks less like a fixed amount.

Message 6 of 8
juicebox83

Curious, were you able to get this resolved?

Message 7 of 8
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@juicebox83 wrote:

Curious, were you able to get this resolved?

Yes, I think it's how my employer send over the money the system just does not see it. I moved money from Fidelity to DCU like $5.12 and it saw it the flowing mouth, I also did a whole number like $5.00 the next mouth and it still liked it. I work for a big theme park in FL i guess it how it comes thru. It's something to do with DCU's system that don't like it

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.