Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian now offers a bill negotiation service

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian now offers a bill negotiation service

Was checking my Experian account today and noticed a new Bill Negotiator tab. Thought I would share. 

3E37302C-B959-4C2C-93BA-2B851206720A.png

You upload your bills to them and they set a negotiator to work. No charge if they can't negotiate a lower rate, 40% of the savings they got you if they do negotiate a lower rate. They list Spectrum, Comcast, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon as examples of providers they negotiate with and they say that offers will span 12-24 months or will be in the form of a one time credit. 

Doesn't seem too awful really. I mean sure you can likely do this yourself but sitting on the phone, possibly having to call retention/loyalty departments multiple times to get the answer you want, can be really tedious so I can see the appeal. 

Figured I would post this in personal finance since it relates to budgeting and cutting down expenses. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian now offers a bill negotiation service

Yeah, I have Credit Works Premium. That showed up in Menu tab about 6 weeks ago.

Message 2 of 5
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

I guess this could be a good thing.  The help can be tremendous for those hard core companies out there that do not seem to want to negotiate and people that do not like some customer service attitudes.  Either way good or bad Experian will pull business from collection companies.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
sxa001
Valued Contributor

I will be interested to hear feedback from anyone who gives this a try.  I will hopefully be switching off my current internet provider in the near future when we hopefully move so not worried about them but my phone is through T-Mobile.  Every once and I while I think about switching but they suck me in with their free NetFlix and all the T-Mobile Tuesday stuff but the bill seems pretty high for two phones (though one phone is costing me $20 a month because I did the financing, one of these days I might just pay it off completely and be done with that extra expense). 

Message 4 of 5
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the data points. I got this email and wondered if it was similar to debt management. Your post cleared up my misunderstanding. 😃

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.