Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking out a second loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Taking out a second loan

I took out an auto loan for $3,000 a couple years ago when we were struggling financially. We are all caught up on debt have great employment and are in good standing financially. The only thing still hurting is my credit score from missed payments and debt when we were struggling. Now that we are caught up and have good amount of savings, I only have $200 left on my loan which I can pay off now but don't want to pay the loan off too early and make my credit score suffer more. Should I take out a personal loan before paying off this auto loan so I have a decent open line of credit before this one closes out? I've got two credit cards but they together only give me $900 of an open credit line. My next loan payment is coming up, just wanted some advice before anything drastic happens.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Taking out a second loan

SSL trick with Navy 

Or personal loan with USBank or Penfed 

Can be used to advance payment dates years ahead of time -- to game your score higher

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Taking out a second loan

And then you need to get another credit card because you’re suffering in points by only having two. And if you do the SSL trick try to make sure you get a long term.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.