Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally added cards to Apple Pay

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Finally added cards to Apple Pay

I was skeptical for a long time because of a strange occurence involving my debit card, but I fogured credit is more secure so what the heck. I added my BofA, CSP, Delta Amex, Forward and AAdvantage. So, I'm wondering what are the major places that do Apple Pay. Only ones I know of are Subway and Starbucks, and I use the app for those, tho I did reload my Starbucks card with Apple Pay to test it out

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally added cards to Apple Pay

When I first started using Apple pay it seemed easier just to grab my card and swipe it, but after my learning curve, it's great and quick, I think for me personally it will be a lot better than using the chip cards when they go mainstream. The only downside is finding a place that takes it. I have only one grocery store chain in my area that takes it so far. There are lots of places listed on apples website that take it, but it's not guaranteed every store listed uses it yet. 

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

welcome to the club. apple pay is safer than chip tech Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 20
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

Hopefully this may help you:

http://www.apple.com/apple-pay/where-to-use-apple-pay/

Additionally, usually most places that accept NFC payments, are also able to accept apple pay, even if not specifically listed. This does vary, however.

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 4 of 20
resilient
Established Contributor

For the fast food junkies like me, McDonalds!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 5 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

While it appears to be secure now, after things like http://www.wsj.com/articles/hackers-show-they-can-take-control-of-moving-jeep-cherokee-1437522078  it's hard to feel pretty certain that it isn't just one hack from disaster!

Message 6 of 20
negg
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

While it appears to be secure now, after things like http://www.wsj.com/articles/hackers-show-they-can-take-control-of-moving-jeep-cherokee-1437522078  it's hard to feel pretty certain that it isn't just one hack from disaster!

Not the least concerned.  Car wi fi is about secure as a fish net over minnows.  

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's more secure than you think...
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

not meaning any disrespect but how does car internet capability tie in with apple pay? i wouldn't use apple pay while on any wi-fi connection
Message 9 of 20
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My understanding is that tokenization is the same for a chip reader reading a chip card (in that instance, like mobile payment methods, the merchant does not get your credit card information), with Apple Pay (and other NFC wallets) doing this contactlessly being the only difference. Unless you are referring to the fact that there is far less chance that you would lose your phone (and that someone would have your backup password - since as far as we know, no one has your fingerprint) than your physical credit cards, then yes, it's more secure.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.