cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those that want to boost their Cash Back!

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

For those that want to boost their Cash Back!

I stumbled across this App on my news feed. Combined with a card that already gives cash back. It could be a win win for the cash back savvy folks.😀
PayPal just dumped a ton of money in it! Must be the real deal!
https://www.dosh.cash
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Re: For those that want to boost their Cash Back!

I'm pretty interested in following this to see if anyone has given it a go...it has 4.7/5 stars on the App store with 42k ratings...

Message 2 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I went ahead and signed up for it. Put roughly 10 of my cards on it. Let's see how it goes.
Message 3 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

lets us know how it goes!
Message 4 of 18
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Yes, let us know how this goes. I'm interested to see what happens with it.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 5 of 18
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Looks awesome; so basically just link your cards and spend as usual and it collect cash back for you based on where the cards are spent? Am I understanding this right?

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 6 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yes that's my understanding as well.
Message 7 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Time2letgo wrote:

Looks awesome; so basically just link your cards and spend as usual and it collect cash back for you based on where the cards are spent? Am I understanding this right?

I'm not so sure. The app description seems to give more detail than the website:

Use any one of your connected credit or debit cards to make a purchase from a Dosh merchant

and this:

Dosh searches for available offers or coupons that match your transactions. If it finds one, Dosh automatically redeems the offer and converts it into cold, hard cash, then deposits it directly into your Dosh wallet. You don't have to do a thing.

I'm getting that when you buy something at one of their participating merchants using a card you have linked with them they find deal/discount and credits that to you as cashback. But then they'll be tracking your spending, and selling that data is probably how they make their money. I'm a little leery, I'll let you guys be the guinea pigs.

Message 8 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

It's not much difference than what the lenders do by offering discounts for purchasing from certain merchants.
It's on a larger scale, but basically the same premise.
The article I read states it's more about directing consumers to those company's products. Studies show people revisit those merchants more often because of the discounts. In turn, those merchants generate higher sales and profits.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked it out. Does have a few online vendors I order from. May link a store card or two as a test. The closest "near me" is a PaPa John's 27.3 miles away. Definitely not suited for rural Texas.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.