Garden Club - August 2020

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - August 2020

@tacpoly wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@tacpoly wrote:

Ugh. Finally took my watch for much needed service and it'll cost me almost $9000 Smiley Frustrated Hoping it'll be another 20 years before the next service.

I know what you mean. I once had a Casio calculator watch where some of the numbers stopped working. Was gonna cost $50 to fix. I bit the bullet because smartphones weren't a thing yet and I loved that watch.

Yes, like that.  Just as you spent your money on a car, I spent mine on a watch.  I guess the only difference is that you probably wouldn't be using a 20-year old car for your daily commute, while I still use my watch everyday (and will for many more years). 

I don't drive a 20 year old car because I don't have to. Although, my 18 year old truck and 23 year old Toyota still run like new and my daily commuter is 13 years old. I just can't lock myself down to a single item. Each of my 6 vehicles have their pros and cons and I drive them based on my mood.

Message 71 of 2,572
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Pox at 4am

Message 72 of 2,572
Mv350
Valued Contributor

langley FCU hit me with that pre approved offer Smiley Indifferent

Message 73 of 2,572
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good morning again boys and girls.

I haz credit news!

OK, not really, but close.  DW has credit news!

After an unsettling amount of time with no offers, DW has two BT offers from Chase as of this morning.   Good through 30 September.  0% for 12 months.   Card to card OR card to bank account.

Not sure when or if we'll bite, but it sure is nice to see the offers show up again.  Smiley Happy

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 74 of 2,572
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good morning garden dwellers

In credit news today .... nuttin worth reporting

Still wating for the tropical storm to pass by. Hoping not to lose power. Dont think I will

Phones fully charged

Tablets fully charged

Laptop fully charged

Power banks fully charged

Out of beer Smiley Sad

..... I gotta do better next storm

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 75 of 2,572
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Good morning garden dwellers

In credit news today .... nuttin worth reporting

Still wating for the tropical storm to pass by. Hoping not to lose power. Dont think I will

Phones fully charged

Tablets fully charged

Laptop fully charged

Power banks fully charged

Out of beer Smiley Sad

..... I gotta do better next storm

Dude.

We gotta discuss priorities....

Message 76 of 2,572
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Good morning everyone. Today is going to be another scorcher. Forecast is 105º, but most likely it'll hit 107º-110º. No score changes this morning. Hope you all have a great day.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 77 of 2,572
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone,

Just checking in for August. It was my wife's birthday yesterday, and she insisted I spend the whole day with her. I wasn't complaining. Smiley Happy

Anyway, I've been busy on the work front, busy on the school front (I get a whopping 8 days off between classes this month, although I will submit the final assignment for my current class next Sunday so I pick up a couple of more days) and we celebrate our 10th anniversary on the 14th. It may not be the celebration we wanted, but it will be a nice day and weekend. 

The other news is on the credit front. I expect to earn the gold spade later this month. Yes, it will be six months since I applied for anything. It's been easy since there's only one card I'm remotely interested in and I will possibly get it via a PC in early 2021. Otherwise, I'm holding steady. 

I hope you're all doing well. 

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 78 of 2,572
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Excel sheet updated.  18.37% cranberry for me, 22.69% for her.

Bills are paid.  Only four credit card payments this week.  Two on 1.9% deals, one on a zero percent deal, and one PIF!  Smiley Happy

Progress.

Is it February yet?  Smiley Tongue

Message 79 of 2,572
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Excel sheet updated.  18.37% cranberry for me, 22.69% for her.

Bills are paid.  Only four credit card payments this week.  Two on 1.9% deals, one on a zero percent deal, and one PIF!  Smiley Happy

Progress.

Is it February yet?  Smiley Tongue

No @tcbofade, it's not February yet. Soon.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 80 of 2,572
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.