Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hanscom FCU

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Hanscom FCU

Hanscom Federal Credit Union has been ranked #1 by Kiplingers among credit unions anyone can join:

https://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/saving/T005-S002-best-credit-unions-2019/index.html

I have found it to be an excellent credit union, with very personal customer service, and with early direct deposit -- 2 days or more usually.

The thing is, they are very tough on granting credit. At least they have been with me. I've never been able to get a credit card or line of credit with them. They pull EX FICO 2, but that's not the problem. The problem is that they are very tough on new inquiries, new accounts, number of accounts, total credit limits.... things like that, with respect to all of which I must plead guilty, having drunk the MyFICO forum Kool Aid.

Usually I drop a credit union that won't trust me for a credit card. But I stick with Hanscom because I like them that much, hoping for the day they'll agree to lend me something, instead of me lending them something Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hanscom FCU

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Hanscom Federal Credit Union has been ranked #1 by Kiplingers among credit unions anyone can join:

https://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/saving/T005-S002-best-credit-unions-2019/index.html

I have found it to be an excellent credit union, with very personal customer service, and with early direct deposit -- 2 days or more usually.

The thing is, they are very tough on granting credit. At least they have been with me. I've never been able to get a credit card or line of credit with them. They pull EX FICO 2, but that's not the problem. The problem is that they are very tough on new inquiries, new accounts, number of accounts, total credit limits.... things like that, with respect to all of which I must plead guilty, having drunk the MyFICO forum Kool Aid.

Usually I drop a credit union that won't trust me for a credit card. But I stick with Hanscom because I like them that much, hoping for the day they'll agree to lend me something, instead of me lending them something Smiley Happy

You lost me on:

- Tough with granting credit

- EX Fico 2

Message 2 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

You lost me on:

- Tough with granting credit

- EX Fico 2

Yep, that is not one of their positive features Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 6
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Hey bro, wanted to know do they do a HP on being a member - opening up checking account? Thanks.
Message 4 of 6
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Btw, which checking accounts do you recommend? I want a checking account with rebates from non atm machines that isnt from a CU. Thanks.
Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.