cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deposit $$ into Navy Federal Savings without having to call?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to deposit $$ into Navy Federal Savings without having to call?

@Anonymous wrote:
In reference to the check deposit....would I just write myself a check and then take a picture?

Yeah you write a check to yourself or just make it out to cash and then follow the instructions on the app. I don’t remember what NFCU says but my other bank I have to endorse it and put “for mobile deposit only” or it’s not valid. 

Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there no other ATM's near you?  My app shows me ATM's I can use to deposit funds into my NFCU account. 

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closest co-op ATM is almost 30 miles away... closest NFCU is way far away. I am going to go to my local bank where I have my checking and see if I have add my Navy savings accounts to my bill pay somehow.
Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Closest co-op ATM is almost 30 miles away... closest NFCU is way far away. I am going to go to my local bank where I have my checking and see if I have add my Navy savings accounts to my bill pay somehow.

Right.  This is the option that a few of us have been suggesting.  Rather than adding an external bank to NFCU, add NFCU to the external bank.  Then you can use that bank to push and pull money from NFCU,

Message 24 of 39
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

I was able to deposit some money from another online savings account into NFCU.

Basically, I had to setup NFCU as the external account on my existing online savings account and send $ from it to NFCU.

Works like a charm, but it seems like NFCU doesn't want to let money leave them as easily!  Smiley Happy

Note what Duke says above.  This is also what SouthJ is refering to when he refers to "pushing" money from another account.

Question for Duke and SouthJ:

Suppose you have another bank besides Navy, which I'll call bank X.  You add your Navy account to Bank X (as per Duke and SouthJ's advice).  It's clear from what they say that you can then push funds from Bank X to Navy.  But can you also use Bank X to pull funds from Navy?

I have a Discover checking and savings and also a checking with my local brick-and-mortar CU (not Navy).  I added my local CU as an external account to Discover a couple years ago and I have both pushed and pulled money using Discover.  (I.e. I have used Discover to pull money from my local CU.)

Yes you can, no problem at all.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 25 of 39
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Well that's a PITA... I guess I will just only deposit when I have the full daily limit of $250 at a time then... that bites lol Smiley Happy

The ways to make a deposit into an NFCU deposit account online are (a) push a transfer from another account or (b) check deposit with a mobile app.

That's an awesome idea...  I didn't think of that.  Smiley Happy

I forgot, you can also do an online check deposit on NFCU's website... you just have to use a scanner. To me it's easier to do it through the mobile app.

Message 26 of 39
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
In reference to the check deposit....would I just write myself a check and then take a picture?

On the mobile app you just go to check deposit function, it prompts you for amount of check, account to which you're depositing it, and to take picture of front & back of check ... you take the picture within the app.

On the computer you take the scans with a scanner and then do the deposit on the website.

Message 27 of 39
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No you can't add the deposit accounts to your bill pay. But if your bank allows online ACH transfers, then you can do it that way.

One workaround for people who have a CLOC with NFCU is to use bill pay to send it to your CLOC. Bizarrely, it winds up in your checking account that way.

Message 28 of 39
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I forgot, you can also do an online check deposit on NFCU's website... you just have to use a scanner. To me it's easier to do it through the mobile app.

The online check deposit and mobile check deposit is not available until after 30 days of account opening, so that was a road block for me.  That will be nice once that 30 day grace period is over.

Also, direct deposit is another option I didn't see listed here (may have missed it).  I setup direct deposit from my online payroll administrator, and it is rather painless.  NFCU can do it through their site, too, but it looks like a lot of paperwork and other stuff.  Yuck.

Message 29 of 39
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Right.  This is the option that a few of us have been suggesting.  Rather than adding an external bank to NFCU, add NFCU to the external bank.  Then you can use that bank to push and pull money from NFCU,

Yes but not bill pay; I don't think you can add a deposit account to bill pay.

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.