cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Investment Options

Janus
Senior Contributor

Investment Options

I was curious if anyone has experience or heard of Fundrise? I came upon them by chance and was intrigued by the possibilties, but I don't like signing up for things blindly in order to find out the inner workings of a program. The idea of Real estate Investing without actually buying the whole building was interesting.

However, over the years I have learned to be cautious of seemingly to good to be true offers, scams etc.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Investment Options

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Fundrise-investment-experience/td-p/5494047

I'm definitely avoiding it.

Spend: BofA PR + WWFCR, BBP, Schwab Platinum, CFF+CF, Costco, Discover
Perks: IHG49, Hyatt75, Delta Platinum, "Old" SPG95
SD/AAoA Ballast: Arrival, CFU, DC
Upgrade/downgrade games: BCE, EDP
SUB: JetBlue, Amex Platinum
Mostly earning MRs and cash back as I use up hotel and airline points spread across several programs.
Message 2 of 4
CWA1984
Regular Contributor

Avoid it.  If you don't want to or can't own investment properties directly look into REITs instead.  STAG, O, LAND, etc. I have far more faith in them then I do in something like fundrise.   

Message 3 of 4
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

@Janus wrote:

I was curious if anyone has experience or heard of Fundrise? I came upon them by chance and was intrigued by the possibilties, but I don't like signing up for things blindly in order to find out the inner workings of a program. The idea of Real estate Investing without actually buying the whole building was interesting.

However, over the years I have learned to be cautious of seemingly to good to be true offers, scams etc.

I have heardof a lot of names over the years ..but never heard of this one!

Probably some good advice upthread about "steering clear of" ..

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.