cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Joined Baxter Credit Union BCU

oorhett
New Contributor

Just Joined Baxter Credit Union BCU

Thought I would start a thread about my Baxter CU experiance as I go: 

A couple weeks ago I started a savings account for my son that is a minor as he had eligibilty through his work, due to his age I had to be on the account.

We ended up creating two separate login accounts but both showed the same Joint savings account.

I decided yesterday to open a Power Plus Checking account and just logged in to my online account and added the checking account. Once I was finished I noticed that it also had the Joint account icon attached. 

I called the CU this morning to ask if I can change the account so its not joint with my son and was told I would need to create a new membership, (don't I already have a membership when I signed on with my son?) apparently not.

So the CSR sent me an email with a link to use to set up another membership in just my name.

All went very smooth and easy the account was created could have transferred up to $10,000 but just sent over $1000.

Setup the new login for digital banking and saw both my new Savings and Checking accounts listed, (But not my joint account).

Went to lunch and came home to an email from all of the apps monitering my TransUnion to see that Baxter had done a HP, (They didnt do this when I setup the previous account with my son!) must have been in the fine print it is currently a 651 and this makes the 8th HP on TU. Hopefully they will let me use that to apply for a PLOC or CC etc, I have read to make sure I request a Balance Transfer when applying for CC even though only my Discover has a balance and its only $4200

 

Plan to update this thread to share my experiance with this CU 



BK 7 5/19 Discharged 09/19
Beginning Scores - EQ 579, TU 565
Current Scores(Vantage) - EQ 665, TU 651 / (Fico8/9) EX^8 672 TU^8 649 EQ^9 635
Mortgage (02/21) - EX 670 / TU 663 / EQ 658
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
blindambition
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Just Joined Baxter Credit Union BCU

Congrats on your successful BCU membership!!!

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Valued Contributor

Re: Just Joined Baxter Credit Union BCU

Congratulations on your new membership!

I'm eligible through my employer but I'll definitely be thinking twice now since it's a HP.

I didn't know they did that, thank you very much for the DP's!

NFCU More Rewards 24K CL
AODFCU Visa Signature 5K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 4K CL
Discover IT 1.5K CL
Cap1 Quicksilver 600 CL
NFCU auto loan
Message 3 of 12
AllZero
Super Contributor

Re: Just Joined Baxter Credit Union BCU

Congratulations on your membership! Thank you for sharing the data points.
Message 4 of 12
CreditMagic7
Super Contributor

Re: Just Joined Baxter Credit Union BCU

Congrats on the successful BCU membership!!!

 

And the forum members appreciate you sharing of the progress with the data points.

 

Yeah sometimes setting CU matters up and running as expected at first can prove a little fumbly or bring out interesting results.

Message 5 of 12
creditfan
Established Contributor

Re: Just Joined Baxter Credit Union BCU


@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Congratulations on your new membership!

I'm eligible through my employer but I'll definitely be thinking twice now since it's a HP.

I didn't know they did that, thank you very much for the DP's!


OP gets HP because she/he opened a 2nd membership I guess

Read OP claimed again in parentheses, they didn't get HP when they first opened joint membership.

I did not get HP when I opened mine

Message 6 of 12
oorhett
New Contributor

Re: Just Joined Baxter Credit Union BCU

Got a phone call from my personal banking representative welcoming me to the Credit Union - So I asked her about the Hard pull on my credit report - She told me that yes they do pull credit for membership, the reason my first one was not pulled with my DS is because that membership was being established for a minor and they don't pull credit on those. I asked if I could use this HP for additional products CC, PLOC, etc and she said no they would have to pull a new one but I could choose Experian instead. 

Also all of the accounts that I am on joint w/DS or personal show on my online account

Also I signed up for the credit monitering service and the banner they have on the account dashboard shows "My offers" she had suggested that while they are not pre-approvals when they show up you do have a high chance of approval, they aren't just marketing.  

  



BK 7 5/19 Discharged 09/19
Beginning Scores - EQ 579, TU 565
Current Scores(Vantage) - EQ 665, TU 651 / (Fico8/9) EX^8 672 TU^8 649 EQ^9 635
Mortgage (02/21) - EX 670 / TU 663 / EQ 658
Message 7 of 12
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Valued Contributor

Re: Just Joined Baxter Credit Union BCU


@oorhett wrote:

Got a phone call from my personal banking representative welcoming me to the Credit Union - So I asked her about the Hard pull on my credit report - She told me that yes they do pull credit for membership, the reason my first one was not pulled with my DS is because that membership was being established for a minor and they don't pull credit on those. I asked if I could use this HP for additional products CC, PLOC, etc and she said no they would have to pull a new one but I could choose Experian instead. 

Also all of the accounts that I am on joint w/DS or personal show on my online account

Also I signed up for the credit monitering service and the banner they have on the account dashboard shows "My offers" she had suggested that while they are not pre-approvals when they show up you do have a high chance of approval, they aren't just marketing.  

  


Thank you for the update.

I was thinking there wasn't a HP originally due to DS being a minor.

That's nice they'll give you the option to pull a different CB, don't think I've heard of that before.

Sounds like you're in good shape there. Feel free to update this thread as you get the time, we love all the DP's we can get. Lol

NFCU More Rewards 24K CL
AODFCU Visa Signature 5K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 4K CL
Discover IT 1.5K CL
Cap1 Quicksilver 600 CL
NFCU auto loan
Message 8 of 12
mjoey2000
Valued Member

Re: Just Joined Baxter Credit Union BCU

The PLOC product is awesome... if you’ve had a second credit card, BCU actually allows you to combine the full amount of your PLOC approval with the entire CL of the credit card which you’re closing. So I got 15,000+10,500 (from closed CC) for 25,500. PLOC required paystubs long form. I don’t know if they would have asked if I did not ask for the line combination. This was my only PLOC and they pulled a TU VantageScore. I also suspect they asked for POI because I have a grand total of $80 in their accounts which I do not use for Direct Deposit. A major PLOC is of course not easy to get. Citi has paused new applications for their Custom credit line, Wells Fargo and SunTrust PLOCs are tough nuts to crack. There is also a kind of “express loan” product which is based on your internal history with BCU.
Message 9 of 12
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Valued Contributor

Re: Just Joined Baxter Credit Union BCU


@mjoey2000 wrote:
The PLOC product is awesome... if you’ve had a second credit card, BCU actually allows you to combine the full amount of your PLOC approval with the entire CL of the credit card which you’re closing. So I got 15,000+10,500 (from closed CC) for 25,500. PLOC required paystubs long form. I don’t know if they would have asked if I did not ask for the line combination. This was my only PLOC and they pulled a TU VantageScore. I also suspect they asked for POI because I have a grand total of $80 in their accounts which I do not use for Direct Deposit. A major PLOC is of course not easy to get. Citi has paused new applications for their Custom credit line, Wells Fargo and SunTrust PLOCs are tough nuts to crack. There is also a kind of “express loan” product which is based on your internal history with BCU.

That's a pretty good deal there. 

Thanks for adding some valuable DP's to the thread.

NFCU More Rewards 24K CL
AODFCU Visa Signature 5K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 4K CL
Discover IT 1.5K CL
Cap1 Quicksilver 600 CL
NFCU auto loan
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.