Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightstream

tag
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Lightstream

Does anyone know what bureau LightStream pulls for their applications?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Lightstream

Equifax for Lighstream, aka suntrust
Message 2 of 8
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
Equifax for Lighstream, aka suntrust

Awesome thanks for the info!

Message 3 of 8
BrokeStudent2010
Contributor

Yep, from Equifax. If you get approved, you will see on the Credit Disclosure statement that the score is pulled from Equifax. 

Message 4 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

They use EQ Bankcard FICO 8.
Message 5 of 8
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

EQ. They are awesome by the way. I got approved and had the money a couple days later in my bank account. I also get to keep my title. Great company.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
2 months later. How do you like lightstream?
I'm thinking of using them.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't find much on MyFico about Lightstream before applying, so will update with my experience to help others.

I applied for a motorcycle loan with lightstream as DCU (my primary CU and holder of car note) came back with a surpisingly high APR for my credit and history with them.  Maybe because it's a motorcycle loan?  Not sure.  Anyway... I had heard a few things about Lightstream, such as they don't take questionable credit at all, and if you are extended an offer, it's always at a relativiely decent rate, so I gave them a shot.  I submitted the app around 8PM on a Wednesday, within seconds received email confirmation they'd get back to me within 12 hours.  Next morning about 7AM I received a credit montoring alert on EQ.  Maybe 10 minutes later there was a phone call asking me to explain some old student loan badneess (only negs on my CR), then about 5 mins later recieved an email asking me to upload proof of income and copy of driver license.  About 6 hours later, so just after lunch that same Thursday, I received an email congratulating me on the approval, and a link to log in, review terms, and sign/accept if I agreed to terms.  Even though the rate was still high (in my opinion) they beat DCU by over 2%, so I signed the paperwok electronically, submitted my bank info, chose ACH funding at the next possible date (next day, Friday).  That was it.  Cash in account next morning, and a new motorcycle in my garage Saturday!  A 2018 Triumph Sreet Triple R, for those who may be interested ;-)

So in under 48 hours, I went from application to cash in the bank.  Very easy, no BS.

12K for 36 months @6.74% with an autopay discount of .50%.  Motorcycle rates always seem higher than regular auto loan rates.

Cash in bank makes vehicle shoppping so much better!  Having the confidence of walking into a dealer, knowing you already have the funds, with the ability to make a confident cash offer is the only way I will ever shop for a vehicle again! 

I'll update this post if I run into any issues, as well as in a few months with a general experince update.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.