cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MidFirst Bank: Potential Mostly All Inclusive Bank?

tag
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

MidFirst Bank: Potential Mostly All Inclusive Bank?

Doing research into a new high interest bank account to replace my PenFed Prem Online Sav, I stumbled upon MidFirst Bank who seems to offer many services I use different banks for. This obviously is based on my needs but figured I'd offer it up if it could help anyone, my research could add value for someone else. 

High Interest: They offer a 2.25% APY savings if over $5,000 in savings (replaces PenFed)

No Fee External ACH (can use as a "hub account",  I currently use USAA)

Local Branches (for some) with safety deposit boxes (replaces 2 of my other banks that I keep open just for branch access)

ATM Fee Reimbursement for non MidFirst ATM (also replaces USAA)

Online Bill Pay (nothing special these days but adds to it)

I have not compared debt rates for loans, etc or "hold periods" for ACH transfers out (this will be deal breaker given its the main reason Im leaving PF)

Though their CCs are not competitive, this may be a decent "all around banking" option for some.  From the website: "Primary markets include Oklahoma City, Tulsa, western Oklahoma, Denver, Phoenix and Dallas".

Anyone have experience with these folks? Seem like a decent option. I'm still researching.

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MidFirst Bank: Potential Mostly All Inclusive Bank?

@CBartowski   visited the MidFirst Bank website. Why are you interested in changing banks? Also I will add, this Bank's credit cards are certainly "nothing to write mother about" Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CBartowski   visited the MidFirst Bank website. Why are you interested in changing banks? Also I will add, this Bank's credit cards are certainly "nothing to write mother about" Smiley Happy

More for consolidation. I use a bank for no fee ATM access, a different one for online bill pay and regional branches, another one for national branches, one for high interest savings, and one for better loan rates/national branches. I will likely still keep a few of these but I would like to just use one day to day and MFB seems to do it.

Yes the CCs are awful lol but they seem to do well with everything else so I will see what the rep says today.

CARDS:
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understand ... simplify your banking! Got it ...
Message 4 of 6
Green456
Established Contributor

@CBartowski wrote:

Doing research into a new high interest bank account to replace my PenFed Prem Online Sav, I stumbled upon MidFirst Bank who seems to offer many services I use different banks for. This obviously is based on my needs but figured I'd offer it up if it could help anyone, my research could add value for someone else. 

High Interest: They offer a 2.25% APY savings if over $5,000 in savings (replaces PenFed)

No Fee External ACH (can use as a "hub account",  I currently use USAA)

Local Branches (for some) with safety deposit boxes (replaces 2 of my other banks that I keep open just for branch access)

ATM Fee Reimbursement for non MidFirst ATM (also replaces USAA)

Online Bill Pay (nothing special these days but adds to it)

I have not compared debt rates for loans, etc or "hold periods" for ACH transfers out (this will be deal breaker given its the main reason Im leaving PF)

Though their CCs are not competitive, this may be a decent "all around banking" option for some.  From the website: "Primary markets include Oklahoma City, Tulsa, western Oklahoma, Denver, Phoenix and Dallas".

Anyone have experience with these folks? Seem like a decent option. I'm still researching.

Good for you. I was looking to consolidate my banking experience for awhile now. I'm just like you keeping PF for high yield savings, I use BECU for free checking and mobile banking and US bank for local branches, and BoA for when I go to East Coast. So I'm stuck with 4 banks now. 

Message 5 of 6
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

So Update for those interested:

I opened a Premium savings and M Checking. Here are the particulars:

-PremSav gets 2.25% on anything over $5k, if you pair with an M Checking they'll give you an extra .05% with 250$/mo DD (YAAYY...can finally get my Master's)(service fee of 15$ is waived if you keep $10k

-My deduction of free ACH externals was incorrect, it costs 3$ BUT the guy instantly told me if I were to pull from my other institution, it was free

-Thave have quite a few checking accounts with teired systems you should check out if you're interested

-As most other banks do, they offer bill pay, however, it is not as rubust in "ebill" and electronic payments with as many vendors as my other regional bank so I guess I am still going to maintain that account just for bills

-DEBIT TRANSACTION PROTECTION, I knew banks were offering this when some naysayer told me otherwise. Essentially, they treat transactions on your debit card similarly to CCs when it comes to fraud. Transactions without a PIN you have 60 days to report, with a PIN is 7 days

-FREE NATIONWIDE ATM reimbursed by the end of the day

-Offer VA and FHA mortgages and wealth management

-Finally, they were able to actually PRINT the DEBIT CARD on the spot sooooo no waiting in the mail for it, I found this to be incredibly handy. Additionally, your initial deposit will post to checking within 24hrs, savings takes longer but still starts earning interest on day 1

Other than the disappointing bill pay options I like it so far you know, in the 24hrs Ive had it...

Hope this helped at least someone maybe @DaveInAZ

CARDS:

BANKS:
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.