Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval - CLOC $10K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Approval - CLOC $10K

I just got instant approval on a CLOC for $10,000...   No idea why I didn't just go for the full $15K, but I had just got denied on my application for the Visa Flagship so I was a little hesitant, I guess.  

(EQ FICO 9 684 - Chap 7 BK in 2009)

Either way, I'll take it.   Just one more step in the rebuilding process.  

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Approval - CLOC $10K

Nice approval.
Message 2 of 8

Congrats!!! I'm in the rebuilding stage myself & have read so many amazing things about NFCU and how it works for people like us. A few questions:

- Have you applied for any of their credit cards?

- How long have you been with NFCU?

Scores:
02/2018 - EX 580 EQ 596 TU 596
06/2018 - EX 646 EQ 673 TU 663
Goal: 700 across the board

First Progress MC (secured) $200 || First Progress MC (secured) $200 || Discover It $800 || NFCU GoRewards $500 || NFCU CLOC $4,000 || US Bank 365 Cash Rewards $1,000 || PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 || Williams Sonoma Visa $1,000

Gardening until December 2018
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditNewbie84 wrote:

Congrats!!! I'm in the rebuilding stage myself & have read so many amazing things about NFCU and how it works for people like us. A few questions:

- Have you applied for any of their credit cards?

- How long have you been with NFCU?

There are some people on here that are WAY more knowledgeable than I...  but I am more than happy to share my experience.  Hopefully you can get some insight from it...

I've been with them since January 18.  I got an auto loan with them at the same time I set up my checking and savings account at the local branch.  It was the easiest and most pleasant experience ever.  Took about 5-10 minutes and they handed me a check for $5K more than I had asked for.  I had low to mid 600's at the time and a car repo from a divorce on my credit, plus a BK in 2009.  My recent credit history had started in Oct with a Cap1 card, but I was an authorized user on a couple other cards, which helped boost my score.

On Feb 14th, I applied for the AMEX More Rewards card and was approved for $3,900 that day.  

Today, I did apply for a new card in addition to the CLOC, and was denied on the card but approved for the CLOC.  I think one of the main differences is that they checked TU for the new CC and EQ for the CLOC.  My TU is a dumpster fire compared to my EQ, but it was good enough to get me approved for my More Rewards AMEX in Feb.  

I can't recommend NFCU more strongly - they have been instrumental in my rebuilding process thus far...  absolutely amazing experience so far.  And they are very good with CLIs - if you treat them right, it pays huge dividends.

Message 4 of 8
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Congratulations! This is a win, I saw the other thread on the CLI and Flagship denials. Yay!

Robot Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for sharing. I just started with NFCU in April and probably rushed applying for a credit card too soon. Nonetheless, I'm happy to be going through my rebuilding process with them in my corner.

Scores:
02/2018 - EX 580 EQ 596 TU 596
06/2018 - EX 646 EQ 673 TU 663
Goal: 700 across the board

First Progress MC (secured) $200 || First Progress MC (secured) $200 || Discover It $800 || NFCU GoRewards $500 || NFCU CLOC $4,000 || US Bank 365 Cash Rewards $1,000 || PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 || Williams Sonoma Visa $1,000

Gardening until December 2018
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlitnns wrote:

Congratulations! This is a win, I saw the other thread on the CLI and Flagship denials. Yay!

Robot Very Happy

I agree.. a big win.  I'd hate to have nothing to show for the hard pulls.  Lol...  All steps in the right direction.  I have to remind myself that I'm really still pretty new in the rebuilding phase, having started around 10 months ago, and I've made HUGE progress in that time (508 to 684)- so I can't be to disappointed by the denials.  It will all come in time.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.