Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLOC Approval

I'm happy to say that with getting my 90 day CLI on my Platinum card with Navy, I decided to shoot for the CLOC!

I was approved for it 3 months ago, but they had countered me with $3500 over the $15k requested, but I decided to decline it at that time.

I really wasn't expecting them to approve me but they did for the full $15k. I just have to wait to get the documents and sign them to get it activated but I'm ecstatic!

I did have a question about the CLOC, how does that report on your credit report? Is it shown as a installment account or a revolving credit line? Didn't know if it would help with my UTI or not.
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLOC Approval

Congrats on the approval.  It is reported as a revolving credit account just like a credit card so yes it helps with utilization.

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! That's great news for me. I'm sitting at 21% right now and was hoping to drop it a little.
Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval.. 

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Got the paperwork yesterday and sent it back. Woohoo! 👍
Message 5 of 34
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@VelosterBEAR wrote:
I'm happy to say that with getting my 90 day CLI on my Platinum card with Navy, I decided to shoot for the CLOC!

I was approved for it 3 months ago, but they had countered me with $3500 over the $15k requested, but I decided to decline it at that time.

I really wasn't expecting them to approve me but they did for the full $15k. I just have to wait to get the documents and sign them to get it activated but I'm ecstatic!

I did have a question about the CLOC, how does that report on your credit report? Is it shown as a installment account or a revolving credit line? Didn't know if it would help with my UTI or not.

It shows up with different 'names' on different bureaus, but in all cases it reports as a revolving account.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your data points if you don't mind me asking? And congratulations btw. Dv
Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores are in my signature but my AAoA is 1 year and 3 months, UTIL is 21%, and I probably had about 15 inquiries.
Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this might be a dumb question but how exactly do you use your line of credit? I was wanting to take out against it in order to pay my wife's IRS bill off.

Would I just make the payment to the IRS through my NFCU checking account and when that posts it'll automatically pull from the line of credit and then I pay that off?

Any help would be great, thanks!
Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VelosterBEAR wrote:
I know this might be a dumb question but how exactly do you use your line of credit? I was wanting to take out against it in order to pay my wife's IRS bill off.

Would I just make the payment to the IRS through my NFCU checking account and when that posts it'll automatically pull from the line of credit and then I pay that off?

Any help would be great, thanks!

If your payment takes your balance to below $0 then the LOC will kick in and take the money from there.  Other options to use the LOC are the checks that come with it.  You can then pay any entity directly with those checks.  Alternatively you can write a check to yourself and deposit that into another bank account, even another NFCU one.  You just can't deposit the check into the same account that the LOC is attached to.   Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.