Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Confusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Confusion

I posted this in the Navy thread reposting here with updated info.

I'm new to NFCU and used a HP from an accidental double app to app for CC. Called in and asked if I could switch my HP from the double app for CLOC and was told yes. The woman asked how much I would like to apply for I said $15k she said ok and submitted it a few minutes later assuming I would get denied called back and asked if I could decrease to $5k thinking I would have better odds she said sure let me correct it. I received a message on my account saying I was approved for $5k. Yesterday I got two promissary notes in the mail one for $15k 13.99% and the one for $5k 14.99%. I signed the one for $15k and sent it back. What are the odds they will accept it as I didnt receive an approved message for the $15k CLOC.

Update: They opened the CLOC with the $5,000 limit even thought they only have the $15,000 promisary note agreement. I called explained my situation to the woman on the phone she sent lending an email of the situation and requested they increase the limit to $15,000 but it was denied. Called in again and spoke to a gentleman who instructed me to wait to sign the $5,000 promisary note until I get my denial letter in the mail because it could be something that could be worked out and thinks the second note will cause confusion. My file shows signed $15,000 note but not the $5,000. The account is active but he informed me that they could shut it down without the other signed note. What are your options as to what I should do?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Confusion

I would advise you let it run it’s course. Sign the $5k note and let it get processed, then call and speak to a supervisor to find out what went wrong/can be done to give you the full credit line.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.