Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Navy Federal Membership denial???

tag
jayfico1
Valued Member

NFCU Navy Federal Membership denial???

Hey all,

Going to keep this short. I applied for membership last week, i joined a military member service group and put it down on the application and everything went into manual review. Uploaded my license and proof of address. I get a email saying i was denied which is fine because im also eligble via a household member that is apart of NFCU. I called, went to resubmit another application, was told my application was denied due to fraud? Im sitting there speechless. Fraud how? Then was told it had nothing to do with the member group i joined they couldnt verify my identity which is confusing and the first time ive ever heard this before. I was told to appeal the membership which would take 15 biz days.

Anybody had a similar experince with them? I went online and submitted another application with everything once again, and my household members access code and was given another 3-5 day message. Im honestly confused here. Any advice?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Navy Federal Membership denial???

Hi OP,

Welcome to the forums. Are you close to a branch?

Sounds like maybe a EWS, or name/address verification issue. If not, call and ask for supervisor assistance. They might be able to explain issue.

Message 2 of 5
creditfan
Established Contributor

IMO, multiple entries trigger their fraud system

Message 3 of 5
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Happened to me. Make sure our address matches your Driver's license address. I was bitten by the while postal code doesn't match my actuall address. I even went into a branch near my neighborhood where the agent understood how our area codes worked and it still went to fraud jail. Best to talk on the phone as you apply. Even better if you go into a branch. My advice, send them multiple peices of mail with your name and address. Like all three utility bills. Electric, water, and internet. Two forms of photo ID (both with your address, etc. 

Seems like they are being overly ambititious on the identity theft side. Which is fine once you're  a member, but annoying trying to get in. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a freeze on your credit file? They have to pull.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.