cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Same HP for 30 Days for All Products?

tag
pattycake
Established Contributor

NFCU - Same HP for 30 Days for All Products?

Greetings, all, I was approved in May for a $15K cash rewards card at NFCU, been a member for more than a year.

I saw in an earlier thread that others have also started seeing offers in their membership tab that are tailored specifically to them, and I've been seeing the CLOC in "my offers" as well. 

Do they use the same HP as they did for the credit card since it's been less than 30 days? If not, I am going to pass. 

Input? 

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU - Same HP for 30 Days for All Products?

Heck no anything you ask for from NFCU is a HP other than an occasional SP CLI on CC if you are eligible and time it correctly.  Once again anything you apply for even if it same day is a HP.  Be warned they are HP happy, but very generous Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
pattycake
Established Contributor

Worth it or not? For the CLOC? 

Message 3 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pattycake wrote:

Up to you... I have had the CLOC for 3-4 years now never used it, but building history during that time.  Really depends on what your goal is?  I never used it for util. padding as always had plenty of credit i suppose i got it just cause I could and better to have credit when not needed then not to have it when possibly needed is my theory.  They would pull EQ for a cloc btw.

Message 4 of 8
Shaw83
Regular Contributor

I just talked to a CSR at NFCU yesterday and she informed me that there's a HP when apping cards

current scores

Gardening since 2/12/21
Cap1 Qs $500
Citi secured-$300
Gettington-$800
Nfcu cash rewards $7000
NFCU nreward sec-$300
ch7 discharge 2013
Message 5 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@pattycake wrote:

Up to you... I have had the CLOC for 3-4 years now never used it, but building history during that time.  Really depends on what your goal is?  I never used it for util. padding as always had plenty of credit i suppose i got it just cause I could and better to have credit when not needed then not to have it when possibly needed is my theory.  They would pull EQ for a cloc btw.

+1

This is the exact reason I have mine--for UT padding. I have not yet used it either, but good to know it's there when/if the need arises.

So OP, it's definitely up to you whether it's worth it or not.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 8
pattycake
Established Contributor

Well, I app’d and was declined for $5500. Not sure about asking for a recon at a smaller amount, such as $2000. I don’t want another HP. 

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

You can send them a SM to see whether they can reconsider, but in all likelyhood they may HP again so YEMV.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.