Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed CU Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed CU Question

Hello All,

Thank you for all the time & info you all share on this forum. I have learned a lot as a lurker & finally have a question that my search does not answer. I am a member of Navy Fed CU through my father & would like to sponsor my daughter for membership. Her credit is beyond terrible with multiply medical collections, a rental judgement & quite a few lates. I think she is past her irresponsible credit years & is ready to rebuild.

My question is since her credit is so bad at the moment; would NFCU reject her application for membership. She would not be apping for any credit products until she rectifies all he baddies on her CR. I would just like to get her foot in the door & hopefully by next year she can try to refinance a terrible car loan that she has with Santander.

Thank you in advance for any advise you can offer me.  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Fed CU Question

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

Thank you for all the time & info you all share on this forum. I have learned a lot as a lurker & finally have a question that my search does not answer. I am a member of Navy Fed CU through my father & would like to sponsor my daughter for membership. Her credit is beyond terrible with multiply medical collections, a rental judgement & quite a few lates. I think she is past her irresponsible credit years & is ready to rebuild.

My question is since her credit is so bad at the moment; would NFCU reject her application for membership. She would not be apping for any credit products until she rectifies all he baddies on her CR. I would just like to get her foot in the door & hopefully by next year she can try to refinance a terrible car loan that she has with Santander.

Good luck helping your daughter rebuild her credit profile!Smiley Happy

ETA: Welcome to the forum! Sorry I forgot to say it before.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tough to say without trying. If she has baddies on Chexsystems that could be a problem. I would give it a go!

Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

Welcome to myFICO!  welcome.gif

I have relatives who have gained NFCU membership with credit scores far from ideal and membership wasn't a problem.  As far as I know the HP for membership is as much for identity verification as for anything.  For most people there will be a HP on TU and a SP on EQ for a new membership.

As others have mentioned, if your daughter has had issues with Chexsystems that might cause a problem... I'm honestly not certain.

Since she can apply for her membership online (using you as her sponsor) it might be worth giving it a try, since there's really no way to know for sure otherwise.

If she decides to move forward, let us know how it goes!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.