Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Membership Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Membership Question

My Wife should be eligible to join Navy Federal (Her Father is a Vietnam Vet). Based on what i am seeing she can call and set up membership and at some point in the future they MAY ask for some documentation. My Question is this, Can i become a member when she does (because she is my wife), can i be added as a member later, or is this ONLY for her.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Membership Question

Once she gets her account set up you can then join through her member referral #

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best practice is to have your father-in-law's information (name/dob/branch of service/years of service/SSN/DD214) available at the time of application. While NFCU doesn't have a history of asking at time of application, you don't want to be audited and not have it immediately. Just a suggestion. Good luck to you both!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Best practice is to have your father-in-law's information (name/dob/branch of service/years of service/SSN/DD214) available at the time of application. While NFCU doesn't have a history of asking at time if application, you don't want to be audited and not have it immediately. Just a suggestion. Good luck to you both!

This. 

They are much more likely to verify when someone does a daisy chain to get in. And they will freeze both of you if that happens. 

Message 4 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Best practice is to have your father-in-law's information (name/dob/branch of service/years of service/SSN/DD214) available at the time of application. While NFCU doesn't have a history of asking at time of application, you don't want to be audited and not have it immediately. Just a suggestion. Good luck to you both!

@Anonymous  ..Excellent Advice!

Message 5 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Once she gets her account set up you can then join through her member referral #

+1

Message 6 of 7
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I joined, got my accounts set up.  Added my wife to my checking account which required her to be a member with a share savings as well.  Then set up each of my kids with an account a little bit later.  Had to call to add my wife, otherwise it was all done online.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.