Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone uses kasasa accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone uses kasasa accounts

if you do whats better kasasa interest cash or kasasa cash back this creditr union offer kasasa account  https://www.eccu.org/kasasa

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: anyone uses kasasa accounts

Interesting, I've enerv heard of them but they have pretty good rates on what seems to be a free account. Asisde form 12 debit transactions per month requirement.

I've heard of Kasasa Loans, and I thought this was about those.

May look into them later on, depending on the membership eligibility.

Message 2 of 5
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

if you do whats better kasasa interest cash or kasasa cash back

I absolutely LOVE Kasasa accounts and have about 20 of them.  I say get both account types, but obviously not at the same bank.  Keep most of your cash in the interest-bearing account, and do all of your debit card spending in the cash back account. 

For your required transactions you can just buy $0.50 Amazon gift cards.  Some banks frown upon this, but I've only had a problem with ONE bank and that was only after I was foolish enough to call in for another matter and had eyes on my account.  And that account is still open... I just got a big lecture about the intended purpose of the account.

Keep in mind that interest you get is taxable, whereas the cash back is tax free.

Go for the highest interest rate or cash back that you can get; don't settle for the first one you find.  You can go to depositaccounts dot com.  They have a page for Kasasa accounts but it's missing a lot of banks so don't use it.  Instead go to the rewards checking page and they tell you which accounts are Kasasa accounts.  You just have to do all the legwork and investigate what cash back they're currently paying.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

if you do whats better kasasa interest cash or kasasa cash back

I absolutely LOVE Kasasa accounts and have about 20 of them.  I say get both account types, but obviously not at the same bank.  Keep most of your cash in the interest-bearing account, and do all of your debit card spending in the cash back account. 

For your required transactions you can just buy $0.50 Amazon gift cards.  Some banks frown upon this, but I've only had a problem with ONE bank and that was only after I was foolish enough to call in for another matter and had eyes on my account.  And that account is still open... I just got a big lecture about the intended purpose of the account.

Keep in mind that interest you get is taxable, whereas the cash back is tax free.

Go for the highest interest rate or cash back that you can get; don't settle for the first one you find.  You can go to depositaccounts dot com.  They have a page for Kasasa accounts but it's missing a lot of banks so don't use it.  Instead go to the rewards checking page and they tell you which accounts are Kasasa accounts.  You just have to do all the legwork and investigate what cash back they're currently paying.

Do you have any recommendations? Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have any recommendations? Smiley Happy

My honest recommendation is to use the zipcode-based search on depositaccounts and start from there.  You're probably going to get more approvals if you go with local FIs that haven't been hammered nationally by MSers. 

But for the national ones I have, the highest cash back I have is 4.0% from Dover FCU.  Only on up to $300 in purchases per month (that's why you have to have tons of these accounts).  They didn't pull Chex for me, not even soft.  No HPs on any of the big 3.  Had to pay $15 for their little charity and email a copy of my membership letter.

Each CU is different of course.  I don't really have recommendations because a recommendation implies quality, whereas I'm all about quantity.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.