Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Main Financial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Main Financial

I have a One Main Financial loan that I took out about 2 and half years ago. The loan was for 5K. After getting the loan, I learned of who they were and what their purpose was, to drain me of my money. I currently still owe them 2K , would of been more if it wasnt for SCRA coming to the rescue and making them reimburse all the high interest and making them lower my interest rate to 6%. I have the 2K right now to pay them off but I'm also waiting to close on my mortage loan. The mortage loan was approved with the One Main included in the DTI ratio. Should I pay them off now or wait until I close on the mortage loan? Aso, will it ding my credit since theres no more monthly payments? 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: One Main Financial

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a One Main Financial loan that I took out about 2 and half years ago. The loan was for 5K. After getting the loan, I learned of who they were and what their purpose was, to drain me of my money. I currently still owe them 2K , would of been more if it wasnt for SCRA coming to the rescue and making them reimburse all the high interest and making them lower my interest rate to 6%. I have the 2K right now to pay them off but I'm also waiting to close on my mortage loan. The mortage loan was approved with the One Main included in the DTI ratio. Should I pay them off now or wait until I close on the mortage loan? Aso, will it ding my credit since theres no more monthly payments? 

@Anonymous  Welcome!

Lets see if I can get @Anonymous  or @thornback to better answer your question. They will Chime in when possibleSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I'll wait patiently lol

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome.

What do you mean there’s no more payments?

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay the balance to $440 and leave it alone. If that’s your only installment loan you may get a boost!

I assume you’re already AZEO?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can pay it down below 9% and get it to report before they pull your scores again you should see better scores.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

There will be no more monthly payments since it's an installment loan. They'll just closed it paid in full. I do have a auto loan with Ally and 8 revolving accounts with 2% utilization.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my plan is not gonna work if you’ve got an auto loan. As a matter of fact, if you pay it off, it may backfire and lower your score by increasing your aggregate installment utilization. Therefore my advice is to pay it off after the mortgage closes.

Make sure you only have one national bank card reporting a nominal balance, no credit union cards or store cards.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice! 👌🏻 

Message 9 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Thank you @Anonymous Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.