Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED PLOC Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PENFED PLOC Questions

Considering a PLOC application.

I've been a PENFED member for over a year.  Have a used auto loan that has never been late....more than 12 months old.....closer to 18 months.  I have a $15k Pathfinder AMEX....zero balance.  I had a $15k Used Travel Trailer Loan that was recently PIF.

I'd like the PLOC.  Curious if the PLOC is something that could possibly be a quarterly preapproval?  Has anyone seen this?  Also, would be interested after getting PLOC approval, wonder if I could move $10k from the $15k Pathfinder and add it to the PLOC.

Scores across all bureaus is roughly 750.  I have a discover card with a high balance.  Utilization is about approximately 15%  Will be 0% by end of October.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: PENFED PLOC Questions

I currently have the PLOC, (not to be confused with the CLOC), for $5K. Ive not seen this in quarterly pre-approvals, and you can't move limits at all between a PLOC and a CC.

The PLOC and CC's are treated completely different, and you would have to call in for a CLI on the PLOC.
Message 2 of 5
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

I used to get the PLOC and personal loans in my quarterly pre-approvals; however, for the past two years now both have disappeared. I am now only pre-approved for the credit cards and vehicle loans. 

PenFed's PLOC rate is 14.65% fixed which is on the high side. If you plan on using the PLOC as padding that is fine; however, if you really wish to use the PLOC, you may find that US Bank and even Wells Fargo have better rates. In fact, there are lots of CU's that have a better rate than that if you look. I would look for one that is 10% or lower if you actually plan on using it. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking about using it for BRRRRR funds!!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the new quarterly offers post?  Is it normally on the 1st?

Thanks,

Genius

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.