Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Debit Card?

tag
bhill40
Valued Member

PayPal Debit Card?

Just received an offer for their Paypal Debit card which can be use towards your paypal account. i will be using it to pull from my Paypal Line of Credit. Is this something new? or they trying to get into the banking business? I like the idea of allowing me to use Paypal Line of credit via debit. They actually call it " Paypal Cash Card". Thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: PayPal Debit Card?

It is nothing new. I had a PayPal debit card years ago. It was a convenient way to pay for things on the go to draw directly from your account.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 2 of 7
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Some time ago I had a PP Business Debit card and it would pull from my then Smart Connect account.  I didn't know there was a non-business version but I'm guessing the Cash card works the same?

Message 3 of 7
bhill40
Valued Member

Thanks Peteyglad, that good to Know!!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

Some time ago I had a PP Business Debit card and it would pull from my then Smart Connect account.  I didn't know there was a non-business version but I'm guessing the Cash card works the same?

Minus the cash back I believe. 

Message 5 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@bhill40 wrote:

Just received an offer for their Paypal Debit card which can be use towards your paypal account. i will be using it to pull from my Paypal Line of Credit. Is this something new? or they trying to get into the banking business? I like the idea of allowing me to use Paypal Line of credit via debit. They actually call it " Paypal Cash Card". Thoughts?

I don't think you can use "Paypal Line of credit", PayPal Credit as funding for the card. If the card is processed as pinless debit you only have access to your PayPal (cash) balance or a bank account for backup funding. If it's processed as credit (any debit card can be processed as credit) it will use any Paypal cash balance first, then use a PayPal Mastercard as backup funding. But I've never seen Paypal Credit offered as a backup funding source.

Message 6 of 7
OmarR
Established Contributor

Use Paypal Business Debit Card for 3% on everything

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.