Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Rent through RadPad

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paying Rent through RadPad

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Williams is who i was thinking... still don't know why they would lose money on rent?  Can see MC/Visa as fees are around 2% so profit can be made there, but amex is 5%..Trying to figure out how that would work out so they don't lose money?

They may not be aware of it, or they may have a tiered pricing plan where the transaction costs are essentially hidden by the tier.  

If they could make all their transactions qualified or under interchange plus pricing it's possible they might make some money on it.  It's not a lot, likely would be a billion people doing it if there were money in it as it's trivial to compete against; priced as a commodity product right from the outset.

Even if they were lazy and using authorize.net's merchant services in addition to their payment gateway, would still be making 0.1%, and could likely do better than that if smart.  One dude out of a garage business plan, not hard, could be done.

        
Message 11 of 14
cematteson
Valued Member

Try rentpayment.com they are an online payment service for landlords and apartment communities. They take AMEX and the fee should be a flat $19.95. I am a property Manager and we use this service at my community and I get an e-mail and fax as soon as my resident pays through this service.  Not sure if you LL needs to be signed up to accept or not but worth a shot.

Message 12 of 14
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@cematteson wrote:

Try rentpayment.com they are an online payment service for landlords and apartment communities. They take AMEX and the fee should be a flat $19.95. I am a property Manager and we use this service at my community and I get an e-mail and fax as soon as my resident pays through this service.  Not sure if you LL needs to be signed up to accept or not but worth a shot.

Fees are lower if rent is lower using app.

Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 14
blessed-man1980
Contributor

I'm renting a room in a house ,can  I make this payment to prvt landlord ? . Not sure if this works ..sorry to haijack 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.