Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal loan SoFi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal loan SoFi

My Exp is 693. Just made a payment today on my chase sapphire and Amex so my utilization is now at 30% for each card. Statement Closing date is 3/9 and 3/10. 
Will my score go up by enough points to get a good rate for a personal loan of 19 k with Sofi? Will fico be updated by statement closing date or do i wait until end of this month to apply with Sofi in hopes of a better Fico score? Not sure if they use Fico 9 etc. Heard they pull Experian? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Personal loan SoFi

Hard to say since you didn't say what they were at before. If you can pay them down to 25%, that would be better. There's a scoring threshold at 28.9%. paying them down to 25% should keep it below the threshold even after interest posts. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump

Message 3 of 13
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Bump

You need to provide more information if you want people to guess.

I see the question more of a "will the APR be reasonable" rather than a "will I be able to get a PL".

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just subscribed to the Fico monthly reports scores so I dont have a past figure to provide. My utilization was slightly above 30% last month. My scores Exp were probly near 696 as it is now. So yes just wondering if my score bumped by just 10 pts this week or next would it impact my APR significantly? Ive heard Sofi pulls Experian...? 
Maybe I should wait a month before I apply and let that Fico score age more... ?

Message 5 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

You don't need a previous report in order to post your limits and balances before and after the payment. That's the information we need to answer your question 

Also, bumping threads is not allowed here.

Message 6 of 13
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

We need more information about your profile as well. Do you have any late payments, BK, or other derogs? These things will affect a loan decision, not just your FICO score. Do you have any other CCs or loans?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which fico version Sofi

Which fico version and bureau does SoFi use for peronal loan pls? Im waiting impatiently for my scores to update before appplying.  

Thanks.

Message 8 of 13
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Which fico version Sofi

@Anonymous wrote:

Which fico version and bureau does SoFi use for peronal loan pls? Im waiting impatiently for my scores to update before appplying.  

Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous - there aren't a lot of data points, but searching on "Sofi" I found a few, including This where they reported that Experian was pulled. 

Also I merged this post in with your existing thread on SoFi as they're related to the same topic / creditor. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying a wk apart?

Waiting for my Exp fico 8 to update. Its 696 now on Fico 8 and my Fako is 681 on another website. I want to apply for a peronal loan with a lender. If  they do a

soft pull to prequalify me  and I do not proceeed, will it hurt my fico or chances of approval if they do a second soft pull in a week ? Im expecting my score to jump about ten points! My utilization is now 25-28% on my two cards which just closed statements on the 10th.  No BK , no derogs, 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.