cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejoin DCU After IIB

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

Rejoin DCU After IIB

I had a small balance  1K in OD Checking account with DCU that I IIB

Think I can apply to rejoin...

I know most credit unions blacklist... just curious if anyone has dealt with DCU afer IIB

Family Member made me an AU on: 2008 Sears MC $2,001, 2016 SEARS Store Card $2,001, 2011 Synchrony Home $5,500 , 2003 FNBO Visa $9,900, 2008 Macys Amex $1900, 2008 Kohls $2,000, 2008 JC Penny $4,500, 2016 TJX Mastercard $1,500, 2019 SDFCU PowerCash Visa $10,000, 2018 AAdvantage Aviator MC $5,600, 2018 HSN $4,500, and 2016 Local Credit Union Visa $5,000. Waiting on them to all report over the next month... Only Kohls is reporting so far... WITH AGE. They use AZEO method.
Member of:
Andrews FCU (Share), PENFED CU (Checking/Share), SDFCU (Share), Alliant CU (Checking/Share), NASA FCU (Share), NWFCU (Checking/Share), Ally Bank (Checking/Savings), BofA (Checking/Share), Navigant CU (Share), Greenwood CU (Share), Elements Financial CU (Share), Ocean State CU (Share), SDFCU (Share), Wells Fargo (Checking), RI Credit Union (Share), CashApp, PayPal Premier (for free direct deposit access with cash card), Paypal Business - Grandfathered 1.5% Cash Back on Biz Debit), Apple Pay Cash, and Venmo.
I WANT to join: Hanscom FCU (For the 2 day early direct deposit).
Burned:
DCU, NFCU, Comenity, Synchrony, Barclays, Discover, Amex, Webbank (Avant), Santander, Citi (Shell), DSNB (Macys), TDRCS (Target+Nordstrom), Capital One (Personal & Business, Kohls, and GM), CreditFirst(Firestone)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Senior Contributor

Re: Rejoin DCU After IIB

Well, I doubt it. Most credit unions blacklist permanently after a loss because they're non-profit, member owned and don't have the loss reserves commerical banks have.

But I guess it won't hurt to try, if you're blacklisted they'll let you know without pulling your credit. I have a 2010 BK7 on my report but didn't include DCU, so they approved me for membership and a car loan in 2017 without a problem.

Fico 08: 734/716/734 TU/EX/EQ
Message 2 of 6
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:

I had a small balance  1K in OD Checking account with DCU that I IIB

Think I can apply to rejoin...

I know most credit unions blacklist... just curious if anyone has dealt with DCU afer IIB

I’m only guessing but I’m thinking an overdrawn bank account may be worse than a default on a CC. So you’re probably in chexsystem and wouldn’t be able to open another checking or savings account anywhere until that’s cleared up. 

But this is just my 2cents. 

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 804
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| NFCU CashRewards $30K || AmX Cash Magnet $25K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 3 of 6

Both above posters are probably correctl and DCU uses chexsystems and that alone would get your declined.

Message 4 of 6
Valued Contributor

The chexsystens entry has been deleted...I called and submitted a copy of my discharge and they promptly removed the entry

The overdraft was from a few automatic bill payments that went out when I had a loss of income...(they mail bank checks) and paid them all.

Family Member made me an AU on: 2008 Sears MC $2,001, 2016 SEARS Store Card $2,001, 2011 Synchrony Home $5,500 , 2003 FNBO Visa $9,900, 2008 Macys Amex $1900, 2008 Kohls $2,000, 2008 JC Penny $4,500, 2016 TJX Mastercard $1,500, 2019 SDFCU PowerCash Visa $10,000, 2018 AAdvantage Aviator MC $5,600, 2018 HSN $4,500, and 2016 Local Credit Union Visa $5,000. Waiting on them to all report over the next month... Only Kohls is reporting so far... WITH AGE. They use AZEO method.
Member of:
Andrews FCU (Share), PENFED CU (Checking/Share), SDFCU (Share), Alliant CU (Checking/Share), NASA FCU (Share), NWFCU (Checking/Share), Ally Bank (Checking/Savings), BofA (Checking/Share), Navigant CU (Share), Greenwood CU (Share), Elements Financial CU (Share), Ocean State CU (Share), SDFCU (Share), Wells Fargo (Checking), RI Credit Union (Share), CashApp, PayPal Premier (for free direct deposit access with cash card), Paypal Business - Grandfathered 1.5% Cash Back on Biz Debit), Apple Pay Cash, and Venmo.
I WANT to join: Hanscom FCU (For the 2 day early direct deposit).
Burned:
DCU, NFCU, Comenity, Synchrony, Barclays, Discover, Amex, Webbank (Avant), Santander, Citi (Shell), DSNB (Macys), TDRCS (Target+Nordstrom), Capital One (Personal & Business, Kohls, and GM), CreditFirst(Firestone)
Message 5 of 6
Moderator Emeritus

I suspect for a concrete answer you're going to have to take a flier and simply re-apply for membership.

IIRC reading here a bit ago it's no longer a HP for membership / share accounts, so might be worth the college try TBH.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.