Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robinhood is still as bad as ever, maybe worse

tag
creditrizz
Regular Contributor

Robinhood is still as bad as ever, maybe worse

I must concede that I should have listened to everyone on Reddit who warned me about using Robinhood, but I can be a stubborn individual!  Without going on a long rant, I just want to let people know I'd advise against putting any money in Robinhood that you may need to take out in the  near future.  I've never seen such a ridiculous hassle to withdraw settled and cleared funds to another bank account.  Seems to me like they're using bots posing as customer service reps too, or at least trying to use AI to answer some questions you send in as I'm just getting ridiculous responses regarding their technical struggles, sending me unrelated trouble-shooting guides etc. Supposedly a supervisor will call me in a few days - it better not be an AI-voice generated supervisor lol.  Opened FINRA/SEC/CFPB complaints, but those don't usually help they just go on record.  Gave me something to do while I was on endless holds waiting for answers haha.

Fortunately it's not money I need anytime too soon, but I was trying to move it out so I don't have to deal with them ever again.  The way things are going lately with Fidelity and other platforms freezing funds too, it seems like I'm running out of financial institutions that will actually let me access my cash.  I guess the massive banks have the advantage again, as I'm now back to doing all of my banking and investing with the too-big-to-fails.  BofA/Merrill has been pretty decent setup so far, so I gotta thank this forum for informing me about the platinum rewards program.  Feels a bit less like your money is locked up somewhere in cyberspace as well.

TU: 808 EX: 809 EQ: 811
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.