cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU membership - how long does it take?

tag
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

SDFCU membership - how long does it take?

I submitted an application to join SDFCU on February 15 (and they immediately pulled my credit report from EX). On the 18th, they sent me a message to request additional ID (scans of my driver's license and social security card), which I submitted about 3 hours after receiving the message. Today is the 21st and I've yet to hear back from them.

How long does it normally take to join SDFCU?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: SDFCU membership - how long does it take?

Wow, thats a long time to wait for any confirmation. Id call up, at least to confirm receipt of docs.Good luck

Message 2 of 26
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Wow, thats a long time to wait for any confirmation. Id call up, at least to confirm receipt of docs.Good luck

I called them yesterday and the CSR told me to check the status of my application online. Like, would I have bothered calling if the online status check had given me enough information? 🤷‍♂️

Message 3 of 26
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

I called again, and the helpful CSR informed me that they received the additional verification items but haven't acted on them yet. My application is stuck in the identity verification department, and they've all left for the weekend.

It's going to be incredibly frustrating if I don't get anything out of this INQ!

Message 4 of 26
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

5KRunner,

I would wait a few more days. As a SDFCU member, I know they can take their time on somethings.  

Once your membership is approved, it will be fine. They are the most conservative CU I have encountered, but they have been great to me.  They are one of the best CU's out there. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 5 of 26
Green456
Established Contributor

@5KRunner wrote:

I submitted an application to join SDFCU on February 15 (and they immediately pulled my credit report from EX). On the 18th, they sent me a message to request additional ID (scans of my driver's license and social security card), which I submitted about 3 hours after receiving the message. Today is the 21st and I've yet to hear back from them.

How long does it normally take to join SDFCU?

Took them 2 months for me.

Message 6 of 26
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Still haven't heard from them. I'm beginning to think mine will also take two months.

Message 7 of 26
Namaste7
Established Contributor

If a turtle is slow, then a turtle has not met SDFCU. The CU is not discussed much on this board because it is conservative lender, they like proof of everything and there is an unspoken preference for members who live and work in the geographic area. My membership didn't take long because I went in the branch; however, credit applications are always slow to process (application response up to 14 days and receipt of CC almost 1 month).

Nevertheless, hang in there and understand you are building a long term relationship.

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 8 of 26
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

They sent me another secure message late this aftertoon, this time asking for a copy of my latest mortgage statement. At least it's still moving forward, right?

Message 9 of 26
Green456
Established Contributor

@5KRunner wrote:

They sent me another secure message late this aftertoon, this time asking for a copy of my latest mortgage statement. At least it's still moving forward, right?

They are. Personally I lost respect towards them when 2 months after HP, they said that I need to unfreeze my accounts because they need to do HP. When I confronted them that they already did they claimed that they didn't, until I read them the exact date, time and minute of the credit pull on experian report. 

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.