Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU

tag
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

SDFCU

Does anyone have a recent experience with SDFCU? I tried to join yesterday and the app was rejected because my EX is on ice. A phone rep said that they need to do an EX HP to join. When I was researching it seemed that they did a SP to join. They told me I can reapply with EX thawed.

Just a bit confused now.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SDFCU

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Does anyone have a recent experience with SDFCU? I tried to join yesterday and the app was rejected because my EX is on ice. A phone rep said that they need to do an EX HP to join. When I was researching it seemed that they did a SP to join. They told me I can reapply with EX thawed.

Just a bit confused now.

They are correct.  It will be a hardpull to join so if you really want it, you'd have to thaw your EX unfortunately...

Message 2 of 15
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info. I think I will pass for now. Don't want any new EX pulls right now 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Thanks for the info. I think I will pass for now. Don't want any new EX pulls right now 

Ok... But keep in mind this particular hardpull will benefit you in the long run.  They are a very good bank. 

Message 4 of 15
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Thanks, I appreciate your input Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate your input Smiley Happy

You are welcome and anytimeSmiley Happy..

Message 6 of 15
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Just a quick data point. I lifted my freeze for a day and applied. The app went through and was still denied but it was a SP on EX.

Message 7 of 15
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

When I joined SDFCU, I had to sent in a utility bill at their request. I'm very impressed with the credit union. Their Visa is my lowest APR and the rates aren't bad either. I'm too far away to use any of their branches, so I do a lot of stuff through the mail and online.

Guyatthebeach

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

SDFCU does not require an HP to join.  It's purely an SP so your application had to have been rejected for something else.

Message 9 of 15
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

It does make me curious but they won't tell me why. The phone rep I spoke to was quite annoyed that I even called. She just kept repeating that I need to look at the denial message I was sent. The denial message is pretty vague so who really knows. 

I'm not losing sleep over this one. I had heard good things so I thought I would apply.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.