Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statement credit for US Bank turn into refund check

tag
mikecintel
Established Member

Statement credit for US Bank turn into refund check

Hi Everyone,
I just redeemed my points for cash back and I just called the rep to put it as statement credit but I have a 0 balance and I request a refund check from them and they will send a refund check to me. It will take 3 business days to post to my account.

My question is once it is on my statement and I request a refund check on that statement will it say "Refund check" sent or something? I never dealt with US Bank redeeming points for a refund check before. Has anyone request a refund check from US Bank from a statement credit? Thank you.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
FicoMike0
Valued Contributor

Re: Statement credit for US Bank turn into refund check

I redeemed as a credit to my checking, credited next day.

Message 2 of 35
mikecintel
Established Member

@FicoMike0 wrote:

I redeemed as a credit to my checking, credited next day.

Thank you but I don't want to credit a checking account.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 3 of 35
ElvisCaprice
Contributor

I have received a check in the past from US Bank for credit on statement.  Don't remember how it was labeled but did zero out the balance.  In fact, most CC issuers will do this after a certain amount of time without a request.

BofA Platinum Honors:
Citi:

U.S. Bank:

Current Churn For SUB:

Backup Socks:

Debit Card:
Message 4 of 35
mikecintel
Established Member

@ElvisCaprice wrote:

I have received a check in the past from US Bank for credit on statement.  Don't remember how it was labeled but did zero out the balance.  In fact, most CC issuers will do this after a certain amount of time without a request.

OK thanks

Message 5 of 35
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

There are easier and quicker, not to mention more conventional, ways to get cash back.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 6 of 35
mikecintel
Established Member

@ptatohed wrote:

There are easier and quicker, not to mention more conventional, ways to get cash back.  

Yes you are right but I don't have a US Bank near me.  I don't want to open and close the account.  I am on the East Coast.  I am not in the middle states.

Message 7 of 35
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@mikecintel wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

Yes you are right but I don't have a US Bank near me.  I don't want to open and close the account.  I am on the East Coast.  I am not in the middle states.

Mike, checking or statement credit?  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 8 of 35
mikecintel
Established Member

@ptatohed wrote:

@mikecintel wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

Mike, checking or statement credit?  

I mean checking sorry.

Message 9 of 35
firefox100
Valued Contributor

I live on the east coast and I was able to open a US bank checking account on phone, as long as you have creditcard with them you don't pay any account fees. When I redeem cashback or points I transfer itit to checking account then to another account at my local bank.

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.