Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA New Member Here !!! 1/2019

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA New Member Here !!! 1/2019

Hi ALL,

Yes and Yayy Me... On talking on the phone with my Dad the other Day. Home, and car Insurance conversation came up. I'd been forgetting to ask him like forever on who he'd been using for insurance, and he told me he's had USAA, long time for that... Since of course I knew was a Vietnam VET, He was drafted when he was 18, (  Honorably did his 4 years, and Honorably discharged, 1972 ) I keep a copy of his DD-214 in my wallet always ) But I joined Navy Fed Credit Union Full membership about 5 months ago, And I'm fully happy with em... Even apped for the NFCU platinum card and approved with the shhhweeet 7.99 lowest APR card anywhere..!!  ( BTW NO Hard Pull to join USAA, or Navy Fed) But I've been Paroozing USAA's member area webpage, and clicked on Insurance quote's and apples to apples, policy limit quote, I found they are $90 more a month on just my car insurance !!! BTW, I have a 2015 Chevy 2500 HD Silverado, 30 yr, squeeky clean DL,  I currently been for 4+ years with Erie Insurance $92.16 for FULL COVERAGE a month. USAA quoted me $184. a month same coverage ??? Also Along with my old 1994 Chevy Suburban, just regular coverage on that.  I guess I'm posting for the Congratulations To me, Smiley Happy (maybe) AND but since looking around USAA web-page, I don't see anything anywhere so far OUTSTANDING and WOW'ING me...? I mean it's free, Again, NO Hard pull for membership, but so far, Even All their credit cards APR's seems high, 9% Apr's ( Also tho, I don't carry CC balance's) and they can't touch my car Insurance current monthly fee... So NOT that I'll cancel My membership or close the checking account that I opened with them, (only $25 to open) But are there any SUPER-CAL-I-FRAG-U-LUS EX-PE-AL-I-DOHH-SHIS things I'm missing with USAA...? Any input, I'd Thank ya'll for... Like personal loan rates, CD'S, Money market rates, Dividends, High yield $10k+ cash savings accounts, perhaps something else, 12 month interest rates...???? New car loan rates...? etc etc... All of which I may make some moves on soon...!!! NFCU, & or USAA..?? Smiley Happy

Thanks ya'll

HappY Apping...!!! Smiley Happy Smiley LOL

5 REPLIES 5
OmarR
Established Contributor

Re: USAA New Member Here !!! 1/2019

USAA Amex 5% cashback on gas.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarR,

Thanks for the input, but hmmmm, I kinda have that already with my Chase Freedom, Using Samsung phone to pay thing usually every quarter.. I could apply, and spare the HP for a new card, But I'm thinking why do that, unless I get a nice bounus of something...? Currently I'm still on Chase's FU 0% for another at least 8-9 months left there. I collected the $500 cash back using my CSP... NFCU, I'm using the balance transfer thing for my newly purchased Snow plow, 0% for 12 months deal... But....hmmm... Is that card ALWAYS and 4-ever 5% for gas...? Or is that just a current running Special sign up thing... Thanks For responding too tho...!!!

Ken

Message 3 of 6
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the USAA family. Unfortunately their Property and Casualty rates do not blow others out of the water like they used to years ago. Many companies have become pretty competitive price wise. Even with this said, a couple of things to check.
1. You should check what your total rate will be if you couple it with a multi-policy discount by quoting a VPP policy along with it. This may offer you the rate you are looking for along with additional coverage. It worked for my brother, but may not work in your best interest based on the numbers you posted but is worth a try to quote. Also, you may want to call and see if they can match or beat your rate.
2. USAA Renters insurance is one of the few that covers Flood damage. Typically you have to buy flood insurance separately, but if you have USAA Renters Policy, then it is included. (Of course double check that it is for your area)
3. Mobile deposits are typically available immediately.
4. If you "pull" money from another bank account to your USAA checking, it is typically available immediately.
5. If you push money from USAA to another bank account, the funds are typically there the next day.

Of course, if you determine that the auto or renter's policy is not for you, I would recommend getting a VPP policy. This will allow you to pass on USAA membership to your spouse and kids as you would be a full membership that has had a P&C policy with them. Those run about $25 a year.

I have never had any issues with USAA and for me, their customer service has been top notch. Wishing you the best.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 4 of 6
OmarR
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarR,

Thanks for the input, but hmmmm, I kinda have that already with my Chase Freedom, Using Samsung phone to pay thing usually every quarter.. I could apply, and spare the HP for a new card, But I'm thinking why do that, unless I get a nice bounus of something...? Currently I'm still on Chase's FU 0% for another at least 8-9 months left there. I collected the $500 cash back using my CSP... NFCU, I'm using the balance transfer thing for my newly purchased Snow plow, 0% for 12 months deal... But....hmmm... Is that card ALWAYS and 4-ever 5% for gas...? Or is that just a current running Special sign up thing... Thanks For responding too tho...!!!

Ken

USAA Amex is 5% cb on gas everyday. Period. Cap is $7,000 yearly i believe.

I apologize, but I am having trouble reading your response. Are you saying you already get 5% gas year round with your Freedom? I don't know how you are doing that.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I'm NOT getting 5% year round on gas, but 3 out of 4 quarters in 2018 with CF, I was... When Using Chase pay, Yes 5% on GAS, anything for that matter when using it...So kinda YES, Yet I see CF for 1st quarter of 2019, Chase Pay Isn't there,  But Gas sure Is... So that's how 5%, I've been doing 3 quarters of last year, and will be doing that for the 1st quarter of 2019 Has been Working for me...!!! Sooo... kinda hmmm Yep..!!!

Thanks,

Ken

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.