Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 CA's on CR for same bill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 CA's on CR for same bill

I submitted a DV to a CA about 2 weeks ago, today I got a notice from experian that I had a collection added to my CR. I looked it up and it's a different CA for the same bill that I submitted a DV for 2 weeks ago. What should I do to get the old one removed? Do I still need to wait the 30 days for them to respond to DV or what? I don't want 2 CA on my report for same bill.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MrMurphyBrown
Regular Contributor

Re: 2 CA's on CR for same bill

Wait for your DV on the first, you can DV and/or PFD for the second one.  How old is this item?  

Several other cards in the sock drawer. A few late payments that are legit from a few years ago. I may get motivated while in the garden to contend with Synchrony and try to get a good will deletion. Utilization and inquiries are my main score dings. I tend to sit in the 650-680 range most of the time because I love hitting "apply" buttons.
Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I submitted a DV to a CA about 2 weeks ago, today I got a notice from experian that I had a collection added to my CR. I looked it up and it's a different CA for the same bill that I submitted a DV for 2 weeks ago. What should I do to get the old one removed? Do I still need to wait the 30 days for them to respond to DV or what? I don't want 2 CA on my report for same bill.

Unless you live in TX, a CA has no time limit in which to respond.  They just can't continue collection activity.

If they can't validate, they have to remove it from your CR.  Same goes for if they sent it to another CA.

Message 3 of 6
cpautovisionz
Established Member

I just took another look at my CR because something just didnt make sense. I also have 2 CA on my report for the same bill. I am wondering what I should do next? It looks like Enhanced recovery was originally the CA and then LVNV is not reporting. I reside in state of California and I know the account is past SOL. DOFD on account with HSBC was 11/2006.

Starting Score: TU=521, EQ=618
Current Score: TU=556, EQ=639
Goal Score: TU=700, EQ=720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There are no provisions of either the FCRA or the FDCPA that preclude two debt collectors from reporting to a CRA on the same debt.  If a debt collector has collection authority, they are entitled to report their collection activity to the CRA.  Upon ceasing collection activity,there is also no requirement that prior, accurate reporting be deleted.

Message 5 of 6
cpautovisionz
Established Member

Thanks for the information Robert. What would you propose I do as a next step if any?

Starting Score: TU=521, EQ=618
Current Score: TU=556, EQ=639
Goal Score: TU=700, EQ=720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.