Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6mos secured... what next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

6mos secured... what next?

Hi everyone.
This is unfortunately my second go round of credit repair... This time from a divorce and unemployment. I finally got a good job in Nov and started credit repair in Oct with a cap1 secured card of 1100.00$ I pay many times during the month. Got a credit increase at 6 months to 1401. My uti was high last month due to some car problems but I brought it down to 31% at last statement cut and then to 1% yesterday. Im looking to see what my next step is...
I had 21 baddies but am down to 3.
More info
I have finished student loan rehabilitation program on the 20th but hasnt updated.
Oldest reporting is 10 years.
Current cra investigations EQ and Tu
Steller recovary 220
Unique 91.00
Not disputed yet on EX
Sequoia financial 608
Scores form ex credit reporting service
Ex 619 Updated UtI
EQ 591 not updated
TU 537 not updated
After my reports updated Id like to apply to an unsecured cc. Which one do you think has the best chances for my approval?? Also baddies are from e years ago should I PFD?
Any help would be awesome. TIA

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: 6mos secured... what next?

You can try to PFD. If you can get the baddies off, that will help. You could possibly get another secured, but I wouldn't take a chance just yet on trying to get an unsecured until you see what the updated scores are. They are shakey with the range they are in now. The last thing you need is an inquiry with nothing to show for it

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok... I really dont want another secured card because of CLI are lame so I will wait. Ill try disputing the student loan to see if that can hurry the process once my current investigation ends on the 3rd. Hopefully my cli and uti will give me a substantial increase. I only have 2 inquiries so far so Id like to keep it low. Should I just stick to cap1?
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

With those scores you can probably get approved for a Cap1 QS1. Hubby's scores were in the high 500's when he got approved.
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you... My exp was 477 when I got my secured card and I've improved so much. I think qs1 will defiantly be my first try after update... It cant hurt try while doing pfd on the last three.
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you... My exp was 477 when I got my secured card and I've improved so much. I think qs1 will defiantly be my first try after update... It cant hurt try while doing pfd on the last three.

Apply for a platinum and if approved get a qs1 too. U might get both since u have a secured card with them

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you... I thought I read cap1 had a two card limit?
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually hey do bur sometimes you can get a QS1 and Platinum even if you have a secured card. Choose which of the 2 you'd prefer and apply for that first then try the second one
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you... I thought I read cap1 had a two card limit?

THe Platinum and The QS1 do indeed have a two card limit. You may need to close the secured card before getting approved for the second unsecured card - but try for both before closing, sometimes it does work.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! What about the discovery secured. I see it turns after 1 year into unsecured. I have a 1.5k bonus coming up and was wondering if it would be a good way to establish with a good card. Then when I apply to platinum ill have maybe a better chance at getting a higher cl?
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.