Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6mos secured... what next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 6mos secured... what next?

Got a +100 point score increase with TU droping all my baddies so decided to try my luck.. Now 711
QS platinum approved 1K
QS 1 denied
barclays 7 to 10 day
Now the search for PC search on how to pc card... I think I would have gotten qs1 had I not had 2 card limit.
Thanks everyone!
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which CB they pulled for the QS

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would consider the BOA secured. Usually unsecures around a year and then grows. I started mine at 2k, unsecure doubled it to 4k and then I asked for cli at 6mos and I'm up to 7.5k now. Ohh and its a reward card so i get 1% cash back on purchases
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kent -Cap1 pills all 3 CRAs.
Message 14 of 23
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hi I am currently in the same situation that you were in , I am almost done with my student loan rehab and that's the biggest thing holding me back, I have two secured cards and a fingerhut card, uti us 18 percent , on time payment , but I still have 3 baddies that I'm am having issues getting anywhere with them. What I was wondering is how did your student loan rehab thing work out for you? How long did it take to update once you were done with final payment and how much of an incase did you see after that ?
Message 15 of 23
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I left you a comment but wasn't sure if it got directed toward you.
Message 16 of 23
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

It hasnt yet... I heard it could take 45 days.. Ill keep you posted.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would go with Capital One. They are really good with working with you freshly off a BK or having charge offs. I was approved for an unsecured card about 6 months after I discharged my BK. 

Message 18 of 23
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Got a +100 point score increase with TU droping all my baddies so decided to try my luck.. Now 711
QS platinum approved 1K
QS 1 denied
barclays 7 to 10 day
Now the search for PC search on how to pc card... I think I would have gotten qs1 had I not had 2 card limit.
Thanks everyone!

Congrats on that.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

QS with a 1k starting limit?? That's the lowest I've heard. I thought they don't start lower than 3k

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.