cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know about Navy Federal’s scoring model?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know about Navy Federal’s scoring model?

Hi all! I've been waiting to request a CLI on my navy federal card until my last two collections are deleted (should be this month). I've been watching my score that they provide and it is significantly lower than my FICO scores. My score with Equifax is slightly above 650 but with NFCU my score is only 573. I don't understand how it's almost a hundred point difference! 

Anyways, do they use this scoring model when making credit decisions? Are there any specific things that you're aware of that are weighted differently through their scoring model? Should I wait to request the CLI until my score with them is higher?

2 REPLIES 2
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone know about Navy Federal’s scoring model?

They have an internal scoring model that they use and don't use the same score spread sheet like FICO does. Over 500 isnt bad. I was under 500 when I used them and got cards.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 2 of 3
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone know about Navy Federal’s scoring model?

If they are to be deleted this month I would wait for the score to be updated with them next month so it reflects them being gone this should put a boost to your score and of course better your chances on CLI (and hopefully a bigger one at that) Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.