Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT GREMLINS

tag
jjett77
Valued Member

CREDIT GREMLINS

Hello everyone.

I need  some advice PLEASE!!!!I have a old cc accound that that's charge off two collection owned it back and forth.Well, know a new collector got the account name Main street Acquistition.out off NV anyone heard of them? Anyway, the cc at three months was $655.00now it's $1,010 and i try to make a offer theYrefuse.So, i said look this want i can pay no more then that thhey NO.However this company has called three times a day different # same company.Isaid i made a offer you guy"s refuse not call again only respone by letter.Ok , THEY SAID , THEY KEEP CALLING!!PLEASED SOME HELP,

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CREDIT GREMLINS

A few others have posted about Main Street in here.

If it was at $655 at three months and some times later (year or two or three?) it was at $1010, then that's due to interest and fees. DW had a CapOne CO and that went from $250 to $750 overnight it seemed with all the late fees, over the limit fees, and 20-30% interest on top of that.

If you don't want to pay the balance but are willing to settle or PIF, then send a DV to the CA. If they verify and you agree (the new balance is likely legit), then send a PFD for the amount you want to settle for. They don't have to accept it though. If they turn you down, then you can always try at a later date.

Don't talk to them. Don't call them. If they call you, ignore it.

Also look out for your SOL. If inside SOL, then they can sue you for the debt. Make sure you have the $$$ to PIF set aside just in case they opt to sue. If not, then wait it out and do nothing.

Per the calls, include a sentence, if not there already, within your DV that says something like "Main Street is to keep all future correspondence to me by mail and you may no longer call me, text me, e-mail me, etc." or something along those lines. In short, say "stop calling".

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jjett77 wrote:

Hello everyone.

I need  some advice PLEASE!!!!I have a old cc accound that that's charge off two collection owned it back and forth.Well, know a new collector got the account name Main street Acquistition.out off NV anyone heard of them? Anyway, the cc at three months was $655.00now it's $1,010 and i try to make a offer theYrefuse.So, i said look this want i can pay no more then that thhey NO.However this company has called three times a day different # same company.Isaid i made a offer you guy"s refuse not call again only respone by letter.Ok , THEY SAID , THEY KEEP CALLING!!PLEASED SOME HELP,

Who was the original creditor and when did you go delinquent on the account?  What state are you in?

Message 3 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

To cease their collection calls, simply send them the following:

"This is a notice under FDCPA 805(c) that you are to immediately cease all communications with me regarding this debt, including any written, telephonic, or electronic communications."

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

To cease their collection calls, simply send them the following:

"This is a notice under FDCPA 805(c) that you are to immediately cease all communications with me regarding this debt, including any written, telephonic, or electronic communications."

Which one should not do unless they are sure the debt is time barred or they want to run the very real risk of being sued.

Message 5 of 16
jjett77
Valued Member

Hello,

Thank you for the advice.I had two calls from them and offer the same amount and the reply amount 800.00.Thats not gonna happen.Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 16
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

How old is the debt? Who was the original debt with? Is it out of SOL? What state are you in? 

With-out the minimal basics I am not sure how any advice would be worth it. 

If you don't want them calling you, and or contacting you then you have to take the risk of being sued if with-in the SOL.

If you just ignore them you run the risk of being sued if with-in the SOL.

If it is past the SOL then you have other options.

Just keep in mind if you are sued the entire balance with all fee's will be included. So instead of paying 800 for a debt you agree you owe to just end this fiasco, the judge may award the 1000 plus additional fees which will include court cost, additional interest, etc etc... 

IMO for the additional 100 dollars more then original debt to have it removed does not seem unreasonable if with-in the SOL.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 7 of 16
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Regarding the calls.... #1, there is NOTHING in the Law that requires YOU to actually talk to them! (That is why CAs hate caller-id and try to spoof their # {which I will not answer}).  #2, if you do answer (mistakenly?), just say, "I need to let you know that I am recording this call."  They will hang up quickly.  LOL  [And for absolute spitefulness (when I was getting CA calls for someone who used to have my phone #), I would let my teenage daughter get on and she would say all sorts of silly blonde stuff....or...."Nooooooo speeeekeey Eeeeeenlishhhhhhh".....or she would do her fav 'fright night scream... you get the jist.

If you can't stop the calls, you can at least make it worth it to answer!  Robot wink

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 16
jjett77
Valued Member

Hello,

LOL...I did that once and they never called again...now they  only call once a week>Thanks again

Message 9 of 16
jjett77
Valued Member

Hello,

Thank you for info and I'm kinda new to this sol?They credit card was from continental finance the originalcc then charge off 655 and now this ca wants 1010.00. So,they been calling and they only offering 200.00 dollars off  I HAD Smiley MadOffer 450.00 they said no twice.Robot SadI know it"s not going to raise my score just help my debt.I trying to get my debt lower because in a yr i would like to get a house need to raise my score 60 points.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.