Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One pre-qualify

tag
virgo
Established Contributor

Capital One pre-qualify

Hey all,

If Capital One pre-qualifies you for multiple cards what are the chances of getting approved.

I know it's no guarantee but I just like to hear from others.

Thank you in advance for your response

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One pre-qualify

@virgo wrote:

Hey all,

If Capital One pre-qualifies you for multiple cards what are the chances of getting approved.

I know it's no guarantee but I just like to hear from others.

Thank you in advance for your response

pre qualifying isnt a guaranteed approval.  but i think the chances are pretty good.  ive never been denied a capital one card that i pre qualified for.   i have 3 now, 14 months into a rebuild. all 3 were pre qualified.   prior to my bk in 2017 i had several cap1 cards, all pre qualified.    im sure there are a few out there that got denied,  but for the most part if they pre qualify you, id say you stand a good chance of getting approved.

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 2 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If the QS, Savor 1 is one of them. Thats fine. Dont go into Venture, Savor or Venture X. That may not go thru. And stay way far away from the QS1.

Message 3 of 14
virgo
Established Contributor

One is the Capital One MasterCard. The Quicksilver one and the Quicksilver secured.

Does it make a difference that they put the secured card in there with the other two.

Message 4 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I cant remember your full history @virgo . I know your rebuilding. And had some CO issues. Where you at now with cards?

Message 5 of 14
NaimeseOGK
Regular Contributor

If u don't want the secured card I would go for the quicksilver One. There is a higher chance with the secured card tho but it's up to you if your willing to do the deposit.

Message 6 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@NaimeseOGK wrote:

If u don't want the secured card I would go for the quicksilver One. There is a higher chance with the secured card tho but it's up to you if your willing to do the deposit.

Nooo, @virgo don't go for this. Stay far away from the QS1. It's notoriously hard to PC, AND it has an annual fee. You're better off with trying for a Platinum card.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 14
NaimeseOGK
Regular Contributor

If he doesn't care about the annual fee then yea platinum card.

Message 8 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@NaimeseOGK wrote:

If he doesn't care about the annual fee then yea platinum card.

Platinum doesn't have an AF.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 14
NaimeseOGK
Regular Contributor

Yea excuse my words haha i meant to say if he cares about one. I have the platinum its my oldest and starter card. Great for building credit. But also the quicksilver one annual fee is only 49$. Definitely manageable but not for long term.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.