cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavalry GW Success?

tag
wylie2012

Cavalry GW Success?

Hi All - I'm new to this board and have been reading a lot and learning a lot, so thanks for your contributions.  

I see that some people have had success getting a TL by Cavalry deleted through a goodwill letter, but that in general, Cavalry is a tough one.  I was hoping someone could share some tips for succeeding with Cavalry.  Cavalry was the CA on a credit card I had.  I settled with it for less than the full amount a little over two years ago.  At the time we were negotiating, I requested a PFD but they said that they never do and because I was within the SOL, I accepted a settlement.  They are reporting this with all 3 bureaus and I'd like to get the TL deleted.  

Any example GW letters that have worked, along with the best address to send the letter to to get the attention of the right person, is greatly appreciated!  I know others have posted about this in the past, but none are that current, so I thought I would start a new post.  Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cavalry GW Success?

I have seen past GW success with Calvary. Start GWing away. I think there's a GW thread stickied in this board and that has some good examples. As always, tailor it to your needs/history and keep it brief. Sending GW letters is a numbers game. You and I could send the exact same letter on the same day and you could see success and I could not. It's not so much the letter as it is the effort and persistence in sending them.

Message 2 of 3
Sactoflynn
Established Member

Re: Cavalry GW Success?

I tried goodwill to no avail......however, I just had success with BBB complaint with Cavalry Portofilio.  They never seem to report consistently with the 3 credit agencies, so I complained and they agreed to removed from my reports their info as a customer satisfaction effort.  You might want to try that route if you have a case. 

Starting Score: TU 536, EX 568, EQ 569
Current Score: TU 629, EX 653, EQ 604
Goal Score: All over 680

cards: CapOne Visa $750, CreditOne Visa $500, VS $250, Buckle $250, kingsize$250,
CARDS: Fingerhut $1,200, WF Visa $500, FP Visa $400, JCrew $250, Amazon.com $1,400, bill me later $550, Ann Taylor $250

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.