Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Reported

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Collection Reported

Hey Family,

I am so upset. So I was attending local college and lets just say they were the complete worst I have been battling with them for over 2 years to correct my account bal. Finally sat down with a gentleman who was my point of contact and stopped responding to me and got it settled. He advised me that the would remove collection fees and I could just pay the remaining bal minus the money the witheld from my state tax refund and he would notifying the collection agency to put my account on hold... Fastforward to yesterday I check my EX report and notice a 90 point drop in my score from 744 to 654. The collection is on my report I spoke with the gentleman today and he stated he spoke with them and they are going to remove it from my credit in 30 days. Will my score return to normal. I am so afraid of an Adverse Action I have never had any negative remarks on my credit. Someone please help! Capture.PNG

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Reported

Sorry that happened to you. I would have what the gentleman told you regarding the removal of the collection in 30 days in writing if you haven't already. Good luck!

Message 2 of 9
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry that happened to you. I would have what the gentleman told you regarding the removal of the collection in 30 days in writing if you haven't already. Good luck!

Yes I have requested this in writing. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is removed, you should see those points come back..  I dispute collections almost immediately, and while I am not recommending this as your course of action - I don't know your situation - if it shouldn't be there, then you should be able to get it off.

Message 4 of 9
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If it is removed, you should see those points come back..  I dispute collections almost immediately, and while I am not recommending this as your course of action - I don't know your situation - if it shouldn't be there, then you should be able to get it off.

It should not be there but there no dispute account button beside it. 

Message 5 of 9
donkort
Valued Contributor

Did you ever get a letter notifying you of the debt?

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 6 of 9
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@donkort wrote:

Did you ever get a letter notifying you of the debt?

Never got a letter they claim they sent it to my PO BOX which I have not used in years. They called me at 7 am one morning and I answered and thats what prompted me to go to the school and speak with this man face to face. They said they would send the letter they sent to my PO Box to my correct adddress. Never got it and my school has my dads address which is good so why they used the po box address is beyond me. 

Message 7 of 9
donkort
Valued Contributor

It seems like if the collector can prove that they sent this "letter," that this is a valid debt.

I hope you actually RECEIVED this in writing.  This would help you in the event of a dispute.

I would wait the 30 days, then I would pursue the dispute, especially if you received the notice, in writing, that the account will be deleted from your credit report.

Sorry for that big a score ding!

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would strongly recommend that all of your disputes with the 3 major credit bureaus are send certified mail return receipt (CMRR).

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.