Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agencies

tag
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

Collection agencies

Good Afternoon to All...

Does anyobe know where I might go to find out if a CA is able to collect in my state(North Carolina)?  I tried the website of the AG and DOJ website.  I am going to try the FTC website next, but after that I wont know where to turn.  Thanx indavance for the replies and avice.  All is greatly appreicated Smiley Happy
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection agencies

nmorton79 wrote:
Good Afternoon to All...

Does anyobe know where I might go to find out if a CA is able to collect in my state(North Carolina)?  I tried the website of the AG and DOJ website.  I am going to try the FTC website next, but after that I wont know where to turn.  Thanx indavance for the replies and avice.  All is greatly appreicated Smiley Happy

FTC is on the federal level, so unless the CA was barred from being in business by the FTC, then they won't help you with this (other than filing a complaint due to FDCPA or other issues).

NC's Commissioner of Insurance handles licensing for NC.

You can get the link from here:

Message 2 of 3
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

Re: Collection agencies

llecs wrote:

nmorton79 wrote:
Good Afternoon to All...

FTC is on the federal level, so unless the CA was barred from being in business by the FTC, then they won't help you with this (other than filing a complaint due to FDCPA or other issues).

NC's Commissioner of Insurance handles licensing for NC.

You can get the link from here:

Thank you very much
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.