Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity deleting late payments

tag
Blender
Established Contributor

Comenity deleting late payments

There was a thread on the topic from years ago, but I'll make a new one for some recent data points.

I tried the secure message board and received this reply today:

I am with Comenity Capital Bank, which handles your credit card account. I'm here to help with your account needs. Thank you for contacting us. We reported your account to the National Credit Bureaus because your payments fell past due. Please be informed that we have already sent a letter to your mailing address regarding your concern on 06/15/2022. Please refer the letter for more information. Thank you for taking the time to reach out, and have a great day.

Has anyone else got success from twitter, fb, or other means for getting late payments removed?

8/2024

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Comenity deleting late payments

See what the letter says. On the main page here in the RYC. Theres 4 other threads on the same subject. Keep trying. Bout all you can do. Social media sites doesnt stand a better chance. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would be sending a GW letter request directly to the office of the CEO.... Bread Financial is the parent now and the one I would try

Message 3 of 14

I emailed everyone under the sun with no luck.  Finally had success with BBB (Better Business Bureau) Complaint.

Good Luck!  Comenity is ruthless!!

Starting Score: EQ: 532, TU: 619, EX: 589
Current Score: EQ: 679, TU 671, EX: 657
Goal Score: EQ: 750+, TU: 750+, EX: 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 14
Pway
Valued Contributor

@SavannahLily78 wrote:

I emailed everyone under the sun with no luck.  Finally had success with BBB (Better Business Bureau) Complaint.

Good Luck!  Comenity is ruthless!!

I would have not reported to the BBB. You are asking for a goodwill. They did nothing wrong. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Hows your GW's going? Let us know whats up.

Message 6 of 14

Technically it was a legitimate compaint.  I have excellent payment history.  I paid off account without realizing that the annual fee had posted in the previous statement, so i had $2.00 in residual interest that went delinquent.

Starting Score: EQ: 532, TU: 619, EX: 589
Current Score: EQ: 679, TU 671, EX: 657
Goal Score: EQ: 750+, TU: 750+, EX: 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 14
Vaneisaqueen
New Visitor

Good news fellow MyFico-ers! I reached out to comenity a couple weeks ago because to my HORROR I got a 30 day late payment for my Children's Place card. I was under the impression that it was on autopay but it was NOT! I took a chance and called their 1800 number and spoke to a representative that transfered me to a manager who was able to update their records to show that month as CURRENT.

A few days later I got the corresponding letter for this change for my records that states that 4 credit bureaus will be updated: Equifax, Transunion, Experian and Innovis Data removing the 30 day late payment.

Just a background on my particular case: I have never had a late payment since I opened my first account with them about 6+ years ago and I have more than 5 accounts with them. The representative mentioned that there cannot be another late payment for the next year and a half or they will not be able to help me. So it seems like they are credit friendly. Good luck to all!

Message 8 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Vaneisaqueen wrote:

Good news fellow MyFico-ers! I reached out to comenity a couple weeks ago because to my HORROR I got a 30 day late payment for my Children's Place card. I was under the impression that it was on autopay but it was NOT! I took a chance and called their 1800 number and spoke to a representative that transfered me to a manager who was able to update their records to show that month as CURRENT.

A few days later I got the corresponding letter for this change for my records that states that 4 credit bureaus will be updated: Equifax, Transunion, Experian and Innovis Data removing the 30 day late payment.

Just a background on my particular case: I have never had a late payment since I opened my first account with them about 6+ years ago and I have more than 5 accounts with them. The representative mentioned that there cannot be another late payment for the next year and a half or they will not be able to help me. So it seems like they are credit friendly. Good luck to all!

Thanks for the DP!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 14
RopeIsGettingShorter
Established Member

I learn so much from this forum. Its only 8am and I've already learned that NYS has a 5 year exclusion AND that theres a 4th credit bureau! 

is Innovis important to monitor? Never heard of it until this moment 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.