Did you mean: 

Conns Home Plus credit reporting

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Conns Home Plus credit reporting

@Anonymous wrote:
I should have been clearer. I have contacted them & have call records and a long paper trail. Its been on-going investigates for months to no avail. I didn’t know they’ve done this to so many people until researching yesterday.

Have you disputed with CRAs and CFPB? If yes, what was the outcome?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on the 3rd investigation with CRA’s, they have responded & reported that my account closed April 2018. Transunion has the account closed & Equifax has it as a Charge Off which caused my credit score to drop an additional 26 points In addition to the points dropped when reported derogatory. My complaint is still open with CFPB
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conns is the absolute worst. Do not go there if you’re trying to rebuild credit. If it wasn’t for Conns my credit score would be over 700. Issue one is when the tech came and installed the washing machine he not only flooded my house but my downstairs neighbors house and after six months of calling and calling and calling and being blown off by Conns they told me to contact LG of course by this time I was way past my return date. My fault for thinking they were going to fix it. Then...... Basically after hurricane Harvey I fell behind so they offered me a relief bail out plan (in which the terms kept changing every time I called. )The account finally went completely delinquent and I was called by a creditor with a pay off amount in which I paid all but the last payment for $82, which Naturally should’ve left my balance at $82...(yes I should’ve paid that to end this, but I didn’t out of ego, because everybody that calls me from Conns are complete jerks) I’ve even heard a rep (who forgot to hang up the call) Tell someone else in the office that I was. MOTHER EFFIN B****.... in my voice mail. I called and called and no one cared. Fast forward to today somehow that remaining $82 balance that I never paid has turned into a $1500 balance. I have disputed it with CRAs at least four times yet it always comes back in their favor. So whatever these crooks are doing over there they can keep it over there.... I will never do business with them again nor should I need to.
Prior to obtaining this account I had read all of the horrible reviews about them but they have a way a reeling you in once you’re inside the store. I beg anyone and everyone to not buy from these frauds. Oh also, no lie, I literally have over 200 numbers for CONNS blocked in my phone..... they call every 5 min on the 5 minutes. I understand I should have just paid the last 82.00, bc I have regretted it ever since.
Message 13 of 17
Countryboy1
Established Member

I’m goin through the same thing with Conns. They refused to fix our washing machine that was9 months old and it had a 2 year warranty. I owed 900 when I stopped paying it in 2015. They keep
Reporting it as 120 days late then recent. Finally charged off in January 2018( 3 years after it should have).I disputed with TransUnion last month and Conns DID NOT verify. I think I won but TransUnion won’t tell me for sure. They said the changes will show up around November
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck countryboy! These guys take up way too much space in My brain and and so much emotional energy. I despise them. They are literally the only thing standing between me and my auto refi as well as purchasing my first home. I finally got my credit score up over 680 but due to the Conns issue nobody reputable will give me a LOC, they have no problem updating your credit report every 15 days to make sure that that derog account is showing as recent as possible (it gives it more weight on the rpt) yet it takes them two months to get back to you on your dispute. So irritating..
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conns, Rentdebt Automated and Bank of Missouri deletion!

Conns deleted from Equifax and Experian, updated on Transunion to 100% payment

Here's the whole backstory with conns https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Conns-Home-Plus-credit-reporting/m-p/5686692

Short version: CFPB complaint didn't work. Their employees actually believe that they are correct in their reporting. They think they know the laws but they don't. I used that to my advantage and pointed out every single mistake with their reporting on my account. For instance, I settled my account at the end of June but they had August listed as the last payment date. I sent proof to the bureaus among other things. I specifically told Transunion to update to excellent payment history (which is actually better than deletion) and they complied. 

Bank of Missouri was deleted from EQ. Can't find letter unfortunately

Rentdebt on EQ

Can you please verify the accuracy of The name and address on my Rentdebt automated account? Does it match your records.How did you verify I actually lived at the address that is listed on the lease?: Does the signature on the lease match my driver's license? Please delete this account if you have nothing to provide me that the information is correct and verified.

** I sent this with typos and all "

Hope this gives others hope.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Conns, Rentdebt Automated and Bank of Missouri deletion!

Hello,

Brand new to the forums, great information.

I have a similar situation with Conns. Had an account that I opened in 2016 that I let go and when I check my experien and equifax  reports it has 26 charges offs for the past 26 months. Really looking to have this resolved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.