Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continental finance reflex mastercard removal of late payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Continental finance reflex mastercard removal of late payments

I have a continental finance reflex MasterCard and have some late payments that have reported to my credit report.  Has anyone had any success with goodwill letters on getting these removed? And does anyone have a good contact for getting this removed? 

10 REPLIES 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Continental finance reflex mastercard removal of late payments

You can try talking to Celtic Bank. Also that card is managed by Continental Finance Company.

You could try this:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-... 

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update I got a letter back from continental finance and they said my goodwill letter is denied and said it was frivolous and they determined my letter was written by a credit repair company which it wasnt. They also entered a customer dispute on the account on my credit report.  

Message 3 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Just an update I got a letter back from continental finance and they said my goodwill letter is denied and said it was frivolous and they determined my letter was written by a credit repair company which it wasnt. They also entered a customer dispute on the account on my credit report.  

To have the dispute comments removed call the CRAs and tell them you are not disputing anything and want them gone.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!  My credit rose over 100 points. I'm done with continental finance.  Nobody should ever have to pay a premium to deal with a company who has done illegal things to consumers then wants to charge excessive premiums and monthly fees. I'm canceling them today 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Can you send me the information that you used for your goodwill letter? 

Message 6 of 11
Nikita2008
Regular Contributor

I have that card, and I have not used it at all in the past few months, prior to that a few small charges here and there.

That said I find their customer service sucks to deal with, which is one of many reasons I don't bother with it really.

My credit score is currently over 700, so I have options I didn't have when I got this card. They will not waive their $99 annual fee, it comes up in September, as such I'll be waiving them goodbye.

Message 7 of 11
Vicdamone4

Could you please share the actions aside from the letter and follow performed. I have the Fit Card and have payments from Dec 2020 and Jan 2021 due to covid. Thank you

Message 8 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Vicdamone4 wrote:

Could you please share the actions aside from the letter and follow performed. I have the Fit Card and have payments from Dec 2020 and Jan 2021 due to covid. Thank you

Welcome @Vicdamone4 

The posters havent been here over a year. Heres a link to the GW Saturation technique. As you saw the OP didnt have much success. But it may fall in your favor. Dont know until you try. Good Luck!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-... 

Message 9 of 11
Vicdamone4

Thank you your reply and information 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.